.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've finally had enough with my old C drive, so I put in a nice new 150 gig HDD and installed windows, by this point I've just about got everything back to normal.. except I can't get any sounds to play
sleep.gif

I know, I need to update drivers or something.. but this is all I see in the device manager:
windowkz8.png
and if I try to update the drivers for either audio codecs or the legacy audio drivers, it says that I already have the best..

and yes, I have my speakers plugged in and turned on
tongue.gif

.TakaM

.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
oh man...
it turns out my old C drive is corrupted now, and I can't get any of my stuff off it, which is kinda a big deal to me, it had a lot of the graphics I've made, and some I've been commissioned to make..

so, does anyone know of anyway to retrieve even just one file from a corrupt hard drive?

its very very important

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't remember the name of the program (searching right now) but it scans your computer and reads your drivers, then matches them to a database and lets you know if you need to update. I think the scan part is freeware, but the actual update requires you buy the program.

So you could do that...or obtain it any way you see fit. I did this a few months back when my sound wasn't working too. You need a net connection obviously...

.TakaM

.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
"restorer 2000 pro" made it a breeze to recover my files, so easy to use, took a while, but thats expected
it also recovered over 53,000 files out of just over 54,000

so, I really recommend it if anyone else ever has troubles like this

.TakaM

.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
just found out one problem
I can't get any sound on youtube, whats really wierd is I can on everything else, even other flash video players

tried reinstalling flash player and my sound drivers.. makes no difference

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...