Hacking Reinstalled 4.2 and installing priiloader

nintendoom

Nintendoom
OP
Trophies
XP
Hey i got a question,
I just reinstalled my wii 4.2 to 4.2 again because of my settings black screen problem
but... it deleted priiloader, and now my game asks me for an update.
so ill install priiloader.
My question was, I reinstalled my 4.2 right, then i got my priiloader erased, if im gonna install it again
should i first reinstall my patched IOS 70 in order for prii loader to work?
thanks..

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depends on what you mean by reinstalled 4.2. Did you do an Update via Game DVD, or manually by WADS?

Installing the actually System Menu seems to blow away priiloader.

Installing IOS's wont hurt it.

Run DOP-Mii or MMM, to get a printout of your IOS's, that will tell you if you need to patch again or not.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
OP
Trophies
XP
C.S.I. said:
Depends on what you mean by reinstalled 4.2. Did you do an Update via Game DVD, or manually by WADS?

Installing the actually System Menu seems to blow away priiloader.

Installing IOS's wont hurt it.

Run DOP-Mii or MMM, to get a printout of your IOS's, that will tell you if you need to patch again or not.
i previously had 4.2 and i reinstalled it again by using wads,
Another question arises
What will happen if i install an installed ios in my wii again

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
bricking your wii very very easy!
laugh.gif

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Installing an IOS over the top of the current IOS is much safer than removing IOS's.

However, you DO NOT want to install a STUB IOS (useless IOS) over a working one unless you know exactly what are doing, and why you want to do it. NEVER overwrite the System Menu's IOS with a stub. (IOS70 for SM 4.2), or you will have an instant BRICK!

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pokeman said:
My question was, I reinstalled my 4.2 right, then i got my priiloader erased, if im gonna install it again
should i first reinstall my patched IOS 70 in order for prii loader to work?
thanks..

I think?? priiloader requires a patched IOS to install, but doesnt need patched IOS's or even a patched SM to operate.

You dont need IOS70 patched, really just need IOS36 patched.

Patching IOS70 is for running wiiware and other shit like that. Not needed for homwbrew, usb loaders, or wad managers.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...I seriously doubt that revirginizing your wii will solve that issue. And revirginizing isn't the safest procedure to do. So I advise to take a good look at your IOS'es, and use DOP-Mii to update those when needed (that's probably the cause...dunno for sure).

But if you insist: if you read the stickies, you would have found the complete softmod guide. And that guide has the section you need: here you go.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
OP
Trophies
XP
Wever said:
Hmm...I seriously doubt that revirginizing your wii will solve that issue. And revirginizing isn't the safest procedure to do. So I advise to take a good look at your IOS'es, and use DOP-Mii to update those when needed (that's probably the cause...dunno for sure).

But if you insist: if you read the stickies, you would have found the complete softmod guide. And that guide has the section you need: here you go.
Ouch... it says that
It is NOT RECOMMENDED to use this guide unless you want to get rid of all your hacks FOREVER. If you want to re-hack it, just follow a Hacking guide WITHOUT revirginizing first!

So thats not a good ideA ... So.. if i just follow this guide, Can i play dvds again, even if my dvd games read but it takes errors?, ill try using dop mii later
and yeah
ARE the ios update for DOPmii safe?
and What if i just load my backup copy of my nand and put it in my system? will that work?
or yeah like hat ive said, ill just rehack my wii, even if my hacks are still there.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First, bumping isn't really appreciated.

As for your issue, do NOT virginize the wii. You're more likely to fully brick it than you are to fix it.

Just install priiloader. You only need a patched IOS for initial installation. IOS36 will work fine.

If you are really concerned about IOS70, you can safely install it again without bricking. Just be sure you install IOS70 v6687. That v6687 is important. Using v6912 will result in a bricked wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s