Hacking ReiNand to Luma+a9lh roadblock (assistance appreciated)

new3dsontheblock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I've been up for the past few hours reading and reading some more on how to efficiently begin running Luma3DS (in addition to a9lh) from my setup of Rei 9.1.0-20J/sys 9.1.0-20J. I've been following this guide (I started at Part 4 instead of the beginning because I already had an emunand setup). Things were going well, that is until I reached step 16 (injecting FBI into Health & Safety). Also, just to mention I was in sysnand while running decrypt9wip. Reading and following the instructions carefully, I dumped h&s and ran Universal Inject Generator successfully. However when it came time to inject it, I received an error stating "EmuNAND is not available. Health&Safety Inject: failed!", even though all throughout decrypt9 the bottom of the screen read "SD card: 4021MB/28385MB & EmuNAND ready". I don't understand why it says it's "ready" but at the same time "not available". Now, I considered just skipping the step, since I have devmenu on my EmuNAND currently. However I don't want to miss any steps, then cry foul if something goes awry. I've searched the internet (Google, r/3dshacks, and gbatemp of course) and could not find anything to help, or anyone that found themselves in my exact predicament. I am reaching out to awesome gbatemp community for assistance, any of which will truly be appreciated. In the meantime I suppose I can just use Rei as I was normally, but I really hope I'm able to sort this out. While I'm more than content with Reinand, Luma has without a doubt piqued my interest. Thank you in advance to whomever decides to view/reply to this thread, and if I overlooked a solution, please point me in the right direction. Willing to do my own research, I don't have to be spoonfed everything, but I admit I am in need of assistance! haha
p.s., can post pictures if necessary.

new3dsontheblock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Positive. I just turned my 3DS back on to take a picture for you and decided to give it another shot. Seems it just needed a reboot before injecting?? Maybe the sd card didn't mount properly after putting it back in. Either way, I was just able to inject it successfully. But yeah I'm sure I was on emunand options the first time. Thank you Froster for the quick reply I truly appreciate it!

AlBa

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all. I've been up for the past few hours reading and reading some more on how to efficiently begin running Luma3DS (in addition to a9lh) from my setup of Rei 9.1.0-20J/sys 9.1.0-20J. I've been following this guide (I started at Part 4 instead of the beginning because I already had an emunand setup). Things were going well, that is until I reached step 16 (injecting FBI into Health & Safety). Also, just to mention I was in sysnand while running decrypt9wip. Reading and following the instructions carefully, I dumped h&s and ran Universal Inject Generator successfully. However when it came time to inject it, I received an error stating "EmuNAND is not available. Health&Safety Inject: failed!", even though all throughout decrypt9 the bottom of the screen read "SD card: 4021MB/28385MB & EmuNAND ready". I don't understand why it says it's "ready" but at the same time "not available". Now, I considered just skipping the step, since I have devmenu on my EmuNAND currently. However I don't want to miss any steps, then cry foul if something goes awry. I've searched the internet (Google, r/3dshacks, and gbatemp of course) and could not find anything to help, or anyone that found themselves in my exact predicament. I am reaching out to awesome gbatemp community for assistance, any of which will truly be appreciated. In the meantime I suppose I can just use Rei as I was normally, but I really hope I'm able to sort this out. While I'm more than content with Reinand, Luma has without a doubt piqued my interest. Thank you in advance to whomever decides to view/reply to this thread, and if I overlooked a solution, please point me in the right direction. Willing to do my own research, I don't have to be spoonfed everything, but I admit I am in need of assistance! haha
p.s., can post pictures if necessary.
Try again after launching decrypt9wip from emunand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans