Hacking Reinand goes black then reboots back

kevin woolford

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Heya sorry to be a pain. I'm using Mr Mario's reinand guide on YouTube and it all goes well up to booting reinand. I create an emunand9 setup then add my files back to the card and boot reinand. It shows the logo then goes black and reboots back to ctrbootmanager =/ really lost at what to do. I've tried loads of different reinand releases but all do the same. Using new 3ds freshly downgraded to 9.2. Hope you guys can help =)

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
Heya sorry to be a pain. I'm using Mr Mario's reinand guide on YouTube and it all goes well up to booting reinand. I create an emunand9 setup then add my files back to the card and boot reinand. It shows the logo then goes black and reboots back to ctrbootmanager =/ really lost at what to do. I've tried loads of different reinand releases but all do the same. Using new 3ds freshly downgraded to 9.2. Hope you guys can help =)

Do you have firmware.bin file in the rei folder?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hold the button to cancel menuhax boot. Because your NANDs are linked, menuhax is triggering on emuNAND. It's best to format your sysNAND to unlink your NANDs, use emuNAND for everything and forget that sysNAND exists. There is a way to prevent menuhax from loading on emuNAND without unlinking, if you don't want to unlink, it's more of a hassle though.
Edit: You can use this for that https://gbatemp.net/threads/howto-menuhax-on-linked-nands.403441/
Note that you do need to update your emuNAND first, since theme shuffle was introduced in 9.3.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

kevin woolford

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I have the latest firmware.bin file and tried holding the button while opening reinand but it just shows the girl and reboots again. I modded my 2ds with rxtools and didn't have this issue but with the new 3ds xl and reinand guide I'm just at a dead end.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reboot to ctr is menuhax on emunand. People fuck this up all the time. Hold your menuhax override button (L by standard) when you start reinand until you are in Emunand, enter homebrew launcher and uninstall menuhax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters