Hacking Reinand 10.6. I want to get up to date again with my n3DS

sacredshinobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a n3DS dual booting Gateway and Reinand on 10.6. I haven't done anything or kept up with 3DS homebrew in a while.

1. Is there anything I should know or do to my n3DS to make it more up to date with the scene?

2. Is the process still the same? Getting CIA's and installing them through FBI and playing 3DS games through Gateway?

I just want to get up to date again and be ready for the latest games and play the sun and moon demo.

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You can follow the Plailect guide to get A9LH, a fast booting cfw that uses an updated SysNAND and has brick protection with NAND dumping and flashing. If you install A9LH, DO NOT use Gateway's payloads as they will trap you into booting with your card and if the card breaks, your 3DS is toast.
2. The process is still the same.

sacredshinobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You can follow the Plailect guide to get A9LH, a fast booting cfw that uses an updated SysNAND and has brick protection with NAND dumping and flashing. If you install A9LH, DO NOT use Gateway's payloads as they will trap you into booting with your card and if the card breaks, your 3DS is toast.
2. The process is still the same.

1. What do you mean by do not use Gateway's payloads? Meaning I can't play games off of Gateway's card anymore?

2. Last time I was up to date with the scene A9LH was really difficult, time consuming, and was risky. I'm more tech savvy than the average person but i'm still not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to technical stuff. Has it become a lot easier to do?

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. What do you mean by do not use Gateway's payloads? Meaning I can't play games off of Gateway's card anymore?

2. Last time I was up to date with the scene A9LH was really difficult, time consuming, and was risky. I'm more tech savvy than the average person but i'm still not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to technical stuff. Has it become a lot easier to do?
1. Gateway has payloads for A9LH. If you use the public ones you can still use your Gateway card but if you use their payloads you're stuck using the card.
2. A9LH has become a LOT easier now. Are you using a n3DS or an o3DS?

sacredshinobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Gateway has payloads for A9LH. If you use the public ones you can still use your Gateway card but if you use their payloads you're stuck using the card.
2. A9LH has become a LOT easier now. Are you using a n3DS or an o3DS?

I'm using a n3DS.

What exactly are payloads? I don't think it's a term I had to be familiar with before (unless i'm just really forgetful lol)

Also, can I update to 11.0? I'm assuming if i'm going to get A9LH it doesn't even matter?

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a n3DS.

What exactly are payloads? I don't think it's a term I had to be familiar with before (unless i'm just really forgetful lol)

Also, can I update to 11.0? I'm assuming if i'm going to get A9LH it doesn't even matter?
You can update your EmuNAND to 11.1, yeah. Arm9 payloads are sort of like tools. Payloads are used to launch code, basically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr