Hacking ReiNand 10.3 N3ds (:

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Can anyone that launch the nightly build of ReiNAND, then START+X?
I've sensed something special, so i would ask for that.. It's would be in SD card root once dumped.
Even i doubt if bootrom could be dumped this easy..

Last edited by Syphurith,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can anyone that launch the nightly build of ReiNAND, then START+X?
I've sensed something special, so i would ask for that.. It's would be in SD card root once dumped.
Even i doubt if bootrom could be dumped this easy..

It does generate a 32K file, but I have no way of knowing if it's legit or not, so I asked Rei in the other thread.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It does generate a 32K file, but I have no way of knowing if it's legit or not, so I asked Rei in the other thread.
Thanks for reply. Mind you please share me that via PM or elsewhere? I wanna load it into leaked IDA for a look.
I've already get the file from other people on other website. Thanks as always.

Last edited by Syphurith,

Noktrnl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works for me so far. currently downloading smash cia update. I don't usually do import games so cant really test stability on those.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works :D
image.jpg

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have already set up emunand or have used a different cfw with emunand, the best way to set up ReiNand is to boot it via MenuHax + CtrBootManager.

• Download this file to get started:https://mega.nz/#!SwgmxI5B!u8lFryZ95j2mne7oOPCQe8CWvHOAmNK-ftuetWcQbt0

• Then, paste everything to the root of your SD Card.

• Get firmware.bin from the ReiNand github page. Just google 'reinand github'.

• Paste firmware.bin in the 'rei' folder from the root of sdcard.

• After that, edit boot.cfg of CtrBootManager then add this entry: { title = "ReiNand"; path = "/reiNand.dat"; offset = "0x12000"; },

• If you want, set ReiNand as default so you can cold boot to it directly.

• Once you are running ReiNand, make sure that you are in emunand. Go to Other Settings and click System Update to update to 10.3.

• Note, make sure to backup your emunand in case anything happen to it.
Copied from Reddit. Credit Goes to User ertaboy356b for writing such a beautiful tutorial.

I did this, Could not load arm9 payload error for reiNand.dat (CtrBootManager), black with red screen booting 3dsx, and error occured with MSET. i have double checked that I have the correct MSET payload and firmware.bin.

EDIT: fixed it with a ReiNand 9.6+ EmuNAND package from "that iso site".
for anyone wondering about MSET, use FBI to install reinand N3ds 9.x payload (on sysNAND) then it will launch via MSET 4.x.

Last edited by driverdis,

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was able to play GBA VC cias and DSi Ware cias having them installed in both NANDS (Sys and Emu) on Reinand 10.3. However, my installed legit (and cia installed) themes got wiped out when opening them. Everything else worked as normal.

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiousity, what happens to cryptofixed cias if you try to update them will legit updates from the eshop? Been out of the eshop game for a while so I was curious if I have to keep using manual update on cryptofixed cias?

digiw0rx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would we need to restore the 9.5 NVER first, for those that used that workaround to get the eshop?

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Forgive me for being kinda noobish about this but does this boot straight from 10.3 SysVer or 9.2 (and allows emuNAND to be updated to 10.3)??

Scresho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Forgive me for being kinda noobish about this but does this boot straight from 10.3 SysVer or 9.2 (and allows emuNAND to be updated to 10.3)??

Of course your SysNAND has to be 9.2 or lower because of the k-exploit
And then you could update your emunand (with reinand) to 10.3 on N3DS :)

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm still gonna wait for rxTools 3.0, rxTools was the first (and only) CFW I used so I'm more accustomed to it then another other CFW, this is really cool though! Now all eyes are on Gateway to see if they can compete! (And by that I mean just steal the keys from the CFW with 10.3 EmuNAND support) :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM