rein r15 / m3 CF

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by FSSimon, Jul 10, 2006.

Jul 10, 2006

rein r15 / m3 CF by FSSimon at 2:41 AM (1,374 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. FSSimon
    OP

Member FSSimon GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    So I like to try games before buying. And I would like to keep some scores, progress and also wifi stats by moving savegames from my m3/CF.
    I guess I could just forget it but I've played some games roms for so long now that I feel I have to recognize the value of the game developpers' work. [​IMG]

I downloaded Rein version r15 from the official site. It says there that it was not tested on the m3/CF but it works fine. I just have to load the application using the START button instead of the A button .

However, so far I have only been able to move savegames from the store bought game to my m3/CF (not the opposite, grrr). [​IMG]

Furthermore the m3 specific commands "m3 man, DS - > m3 and m3 ->DS" don't work (re-grrr) :'( I get the following on-screen message in Rein:

DS CARD : name=$FFFFFFFF
    TYPE=3
    FOPEN ERROR
    NG
    FAILD COPY

So, I have to use the "Backup" command which yields a .SAV file. (Supercard save format, I think). I then have to convert this file to the corresponding .DAT file (m3 save format) using the m3savetool .exe application.

The flow looks like this:

store bought game save data -> Rein "Backup" command -> .SAV file -> m3save.exe application -> .DAT file -> game rom file on m3 CF

If I try the opposite with the "Restore" command:

game rom file on m3 CF -> .DAT file -> m3save.exe application -> .SAV file -> Rein "Restore" command -> store bought game save data

It should work... but on starting up the store bought game, I get an error message saying that my save data is corrupt and will be resetted. (re-re-grrr) [​IMG]

I'm hoping someone here knows what my next course of action should be.

If the info can be relevant, I have a red regular DS with flashme 7.

I will also try moonrein 0.3b.

I only want to be able to move the savefile info from the m3/CF to the storebought cartridge.

[​IMG]

2. FSSimon
    OP

Member FSSimon GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    Turns out I had to use m3 game manager to perform the .dat to .sav conversion.
    It works with Mario Kart.
    Reinmoon 0.3b looks promising but does not succeed at moving uncorrupted save data to a cart.