Cygoku

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Patching it or not with the moonshell patcher from supercard team (provided in the latest supercard software package bundled) seems not to be working for me using my Supercard Lite 1.63 + MK4-Mini!

Any idea why?

Cygoku

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You need a specific version for the supercard, I have the old one (the link is around here somewhere) but I haven't been able to find the latest one.

EDIT: found the old version here

Cygoku

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's been 2 days and I haven't figured out yet how this works, would a kind soul please explain me step by step how to dump my original save file please?

It'll be eternaly appreciated!

Cygoku

Cygoku

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) Run rein from your supercard menu
2) Select backup

Thats basically it, following other on screen instructions and its done.
Wow, now that's a nice guide!

Man when do I insert my original game?
Do I run REIN from DS or GBA mode?
If NDS mode, how can I insert my original ds cart since mypassme device is in!,...

THESE, are the things I wanna know,...

Cygoku

Cygoku

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard that I would need a specific build release for Supercard, does anyone know wich one it is and might have a link for it?

Cygoku

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Latest REIN R16 does work fine on supercard

REIN Homepage: (It used to call RAIN till R14 from R15 it is called REIN (dunno why))

http://www.pat.hi-ho.ne.jp/sata68/nds.shtml

add the ndsloader.bin to the header and it works

Example of how to do it:

copy /b ndsloader.bin+REIN.nds Rein_SC.nds

put rein_sc.nds on your sd/minisd/lite and run it

It show's up a nice menu if you want to restore, push restore and it asks to place a gamecart in the slot and push A

that's all

Same way for backup

Some screenshots:

DSC00032.JPG

DSC00033.JPG

DSC00034.JPG

DSC00035.JPG

DSC00036.JPG

DSC00037.JPG

Cygoku

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright so I finally understood what you meant by :

Wich I did with version r16!

Here is what I do step by step `

1) Boot in DS mode;
2) Load REIN_SC.nds;
3) Then it tells me "unknown SAVE TYPE or PassMe. Please remove PassMe and push a button.", wich I do;
4) I choose BACKUP / DS SAVE -> SAVE FILE;
5) "PLEASE INSERT DS CARD and PUSH A";
6) I insert Sonic Rush and press A;

Then is stays on "BACKUP FILE NAME IS >bla_bla_bla.sav" and stay on that forever!

hate2.gif

Cygoku

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Alright so I finally understood what you meant by :

Wich I did with version r16!

Here is what I do step by step `

1) Boot in DS mode;
2) Load REIN_SC.nds;
3) Then it tells me "unknown SAVE TYPE or PassMe. Please remove PassMe and push a button.", wich I do;
4) I choose BACKUP / DS SAVE -> SAVE FILE;
5) "PLEASE INSERT DS CARD and PUSH A";
6) I insert Sonic Rush and press A;

Then is stays on "BACKUP FILE NAME IS >bla_bla_bla.sav" and stay on that forever!

hate2.gif

Cygoku

U need to push a button after that (A)

jigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I too had some issues dumping some save roms. I couldn't find a copy of ndsloader.bin (no one seems to have it anymore), and patching the newest ver of rein with the moonshell patcher didn;t work. Also, I tried that older version legendofphil put up, but while it saved the eeprom, it didn't write out the file to my SCL.

Sooooo, I looked it up on the SCdevs forum, and found an alternate way to do it (thanks to user NotoriousBOG at this thread: http://scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=562...&highlight=rein ) :

QUOTE said:
I tried looking into REIN r16, but couldn't get it to work w/ the DS Lite. What I ended up finding was ETool v3.13 which you can grab here:

http://nds.cmamod.com/files/ETool_v3.13.zip

If you open the ZIP, you'll see two files, ETool3.nds and ETool3.sav, in the bin/DS/Supercard folder. Put these onto your microSD card. Load up the ETool3.nds like you would any other ROM. After ETool loads, pop out your Superkey and put your game into the DS slot. Save the contents of the game file to SRAM. Put your Superkey back into the DS slot. Do a quick power cycle (turn off and on your DS quickly) to get back to the Supercard main menu. Select the Saver tab, find the ETool3.sav file and save the contents of the SRAM to the SD card. You'll have dumped your game's save file into ETool3.sav. Then, copy that onto your PC and drag the file onto the ETxtract.exe file in the /bin/PC/ directory of the original ETool ZIP you d/led. This will output a .sav file which you must rename to whatever your .nds game is. So, for abcde.nds, you must rename the file abcde.sav. Copy this .sav file back onto your microSD card, start up your NDS and start up your game. You should have your save state as if you were playing the cartridge!

Hope that helps.

Worked great for me! Needless to say, I've tossed Rein.
J

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got rein working fine, downloaded the latest version of rein, and the latest version of moonshell beta and the moonshell patcher, patched both of those programs, ran moonshell, then ran rein through moonshell, and it worked fine. Was able to copy of my saves off of my DS cards onto the sclite in one session, renamed them in windows and all was well.

Cygoku

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got rein working fine, downloaded the latest version of rein, and the latest version of moonshell beta and the moonshell patcher, patched both of those programs, ran moonshell, then ran rein through moonshell, and it worked fine. Was able to copy of my saves off of my DS cards onto the sclite in one session, renamed them in windows and all was well.
You don't have to run run REIN trough Moonshell.

Cygoku

jigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wasn't working for me either (Rein w/ moonshell patcher alone), which is why I gave up. Didn't think of running it through moonshell though (as I don't have it installed)... Oh well, doesn't matter now!

J

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: