REIN Compatibility

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Wuschmaster, Mar 4, 2007.

Mar 4, 2007

REIN Compatibility by Wuschmaster at 4:35 PM (643 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Wuschmaster

Member Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 15, 2006
    United States
    I want to use REIN r17a (savegame copy tool). But I'm not sure if it works with recent hardware, because the official site is closed.
    What would be the cheapest compatible hardware set? (Including price for passcard for slot2, if slot1 doesn't work)

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    To my knowledge only GBA slot devices can dump saves (either using the the SRAM if they have it or writing capabilities), DS slot would require cart switching which is no fun.

To my knowledge (and it is something I have been looking to see if it occurs) there has been no DLDI version made so you are limited to Sata's modified fat libs (which were pretty good) or 3rd party compiled versions.
    Here is a build for the EZ4 by cory1492 including source (so you or someone else can make a new version):

As for cheapest some of the GBAMP stuff can do it I believe although I would read up on them as homebrew with them is fairly interesting (they have no SRAM, often require special builds and I seem to recall something about the SD models not being able to do anything), an early model flash card (supercard CF and the like) would likely be a better route if that is all you want although I would say get a later version (what that will be I will leave up to you).
  3. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    Boston, MA
    United States
    The GBAMP CF can do it, I have used Rein on it a bunch of times.
    Works very well.
    I think the GBAMP SD cannot use it, unfortunately.