2. masagrator

masagrator The developper

Poland
    IMG_20200417_011354.jpg

komabear and hippy dave like this.
  3. LSolrac

LSolrac Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Sorry! I misread! I've been using the title replacement.

4. hoangcavt

hoangcavt Newbie
    Newcomer

Vietnam
    How can i set multiplayers??? I just play alone currently

5. RY0M43CH1Z3N

RY0M43CH1Z3N Touching things and improving your world

Spain
    A little think, how we know when there is a update?

Thank you for all the efforts!

6. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    there will not be updates. For the love of God someone close this. Flycast in retroarch or redream in android are both now way better options for switch owners. People just get confused...

7. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes;Gate

Antarctica
    Some prefer standalone emulator than retroarch. Recast was featured in the Switch emulator front page article after all.

8. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    And Reicast, even standalone, is all but dead on anything that isn't a x86 PC. Flycast is the RetroArch fork after the author of Reicast had a meltdown on r/emulation and wanted nothing to do with RetroArch anymore.

9. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    THERE IS NO REASON TO USE IT AND I GAVE A STANDALONE OPTION REDREAM. WHICH WORKS WAAAAY BETTER. THIS AGAIN AT THIS POINT WILL ONLY CONFUSE OTHERS. LIKE YOUR SILLY POST...

look it's emulation bud. why give people a bad option? que jackie chan meme...

10. Silent_Gunner

United States
    Redream isn't on Horizon though...or have I been living under a rock on that front as well?

What someone needs to do is make a Flycast thread for the HorizonArch version of Flycast. It's been out for a while now, and mostly functional, so I'd say it deserves a thread with a better title than "Flycast emulation is coming to RetroArch soon."

I mean, I COULD create it myself, but I'd rather not have my inbox turn to shit, and I also don't want to put words in Flyinghead's or @m4xw 's mouth, who I heard isn't involved with the DC emulation effort on Horizon anymore, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Last edited by Silent_Gunner, Jul 16, 2020
  11. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Japan
    It doesn’t matter how much people want standalone Reicast for Switch, it is dead and not coming back. There’s was a whole load of drama which I’m not going to re-ignite here, but the result is that we got a fork called Flycast instead. The developer who was behind the AARCH64 side of things is the one behind Flycast, so don’t expect any Switch-specific Reicast development. Reicast is dead, long live Flycast.

I’d be surprised if the Switch gets standalone Flycast. It makes much more sense to have things linked to libretro upstream where we all get updates without Switch-specific extra development needed.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  12. Silent_Gunner

United States
    Is there a way to create a thread, but not have it fuck over my notifications? Because I'm many things, and a moderator who can watch over stuff 24/7 like @Chary, @x65943, or @DinohScene I am not.

It'd clear up so much confusion to have a thread with an actual "RELEASE" tag for Flycast on HorizonArch!

P.S. Standalone Flycast is a thing that exists?

13. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Japan
    Personally I’d be happy to see this locked for good and to have a separate Flycast thread. I doubt m4 will mind at all. Having all Retroarch stuff in that one thread is a bit of a nightmare.

Standalone Flycast exists for PC, but I doubt there’s any appetite to maintain both a core and standalone version of exactly the same emulator on Switch. Twice the work for no reason.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  14. Silent_Gunner

United States
    Well, there sort of is (it's been that "Flycast core is coming to HorizonArch" thread when the core is already available to DL by everyone using a hacked Switch), but I remember there being a separate thread for Mupen64-NEXT-Plus...whatever Capcom-esque title it's called, but my point still remains.

15. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    my take is that is the flycast thread already. That's why this is so confusing. Think like a noob don't think like someone who has all the experience in the scene I you or sj33 has. Picture someone who just got their switch lite modded or something and is now trying to navigate this mess. With the page count alone here someone might go oh well maybe reicast is what i want. not. Oh well. I think it was mentioned thread should be closed a dozen pages ago. People are just going to keep asking for features or games to work cause WHO gonna read all these pages. NOBODY.

16. Silent_Gunner

United States
    And that's a problem I hope to solve with this post I just made here, with @sj33 giving information and links to everyone! :)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/official-flycast-for-retroarch-on-horizon-thread.569906/

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Dreamcast, emulator], reicast