RELEASE reicast [Dreamcast emulator] for Switch/Horizon [Alpha]

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by davidgf, May 13, 2019.

1. Yoni Arousement

Yoni Arousement GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2009
    United States
    Regarding Sonic Adventure, people weren't kidding when they said that the Light Dash Area in the sewer section of Station Square was problematic on this emulator. The Light Dash would never travel at a high enough angle to escape from the sewer, so what I had to do was spin dash and jump in such a way that I gain enough height to jump over the hole.

I had to restart the emulator a few times to cleanse the deteriorating graphics (and frame rate). Chaos 4 was sluggishly slow because I forgot to do that. I did persevere and complete a playthrough of one character's story in the game.

If only there were any news on subsequent updates for this emulator, I would like to hear about it as I look forward to this emulator improving.

Last edited by Yoni Arousement, Jul 25, 2019
  2. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    There's not, you would hear about it right here in this thread.

3. ciaomao

ciaomao GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2014
    Albania
    before I update myself by reading 46p. Is there any information when/if we get a beta release? Of course my question is not meant to push anybody. I hope thats clear.

4. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    If there's an update you will know it by reading this thread. So no.

5. Esppiral

Esppiral GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2014
    Go and play Reicast on Android for switch since this project is dead

6. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    says who

7. abilaunken

abilaunken Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2009
    Brazil
    Are Reicast for android any good? I tho all dreamcast besides pc is junkware!

8. willy101

willy101 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2006
    Will there be multiplayer on this in the future?

9. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Reicast on Android is quite good for Naomi games. Seems to handle higher resolutions effortlessly compared to lakka. Just don't expect it to play Windows CE games.

Redream runs like garbage though.

Yoni Arousement and EmulateLife like this.
  10. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Flycast for Android using Retroarch is also a thing.

11. ciaomao

ciaomao GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2014
    Albania
    propably, OP said so

12. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    I hope any update fixes sprites in street fighter games. I really want to play marvel vs capcom 2 on the go.

rsn8887 likes this.
  13. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    dc in lakka is nearly perfect, just play it there

Silent_Gunner and proffk like this.
  14. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Yeah like everyone else I am hoping for a davidgf reappearance saying he has a new version out for Horizon. But due to his lack of responses I'm starting to wonder if there will ever be an update. If he checked in and said "life happening just need time" etc... it'd be one thing, but we've heard nothing.

15. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    There are many options now. Flycast in lakka of course, but also Flycast and Redream in Android (though not a fan of the latter).

16. kongsnutz

kongsnutz QuickTimeEvent

Jul 19, 2008
    Redream beta was updated for Android Switch yesterday, runs great

17. tabnk

tabnk GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2016
    United States
    David G. F. currently in pursuit a career or at least getting an interview at Google LLC. Doubt he will have time to work on this side project ever.

18. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Should note that the Flycast for RA and even a few other Cores will need some Control Modification. RA displays it is a Unknown Controller, and Selects a specific one that work. But when you are In-Game, you have to Edit the Controls due to a few being Reversed,........if you can get it to run that is.

I have mentioned to the Libretro Pages, and even GitHub that the RA Switch Build could possibly handle the DC Core and newer MAME Builds. So who knows when they will possibly consider adding them.

19. Esppiral

Esppiral GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2014
    Redrean works like a charm in it latest beta the only drawback is that it must be run from android, other than that is 99 perfect and runs great.

20. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2007
    Link please. In the Play store redream isn't classified as beta software. So is there a beta channel, or different source of for the beta apk?