Homebrew RELEASE reicast [Dreamcast emulator] for Switch/Horizon [Alpha]

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're that David who's YouTube video I saw!

At OP, specifically, do you think this will ever compare to the Reicast in Lakka which looks near perfect and uses GL?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
i know it's too early for compatability info..but anyway maybe ill save some time for somebody who wants to play these games early.
- MvC2 runs fine but has texture issues (main chars are pixelated mess + some menu glitches)
- Crazy Taxi is very playable
- Sonic Adv. is very playable (with minor glitches)
- Jet Set Radio is perfect (as some stated above)m which is fantastic
- Spawn in Demons Hand is very playable (love this game so much lol)
- Shenmue 1 runs great with minor texture glitches, so it's playable (but i've only tested like couple of minutes tho..inside and outside the house in the beginning)

Last edited by bad361,

onofrix

Trophies
XP
Country
i have tested a bunch of games:

Resident Evil Code Veronica
Skies of Arcadia
Capcom Vs Snk 2
Crazy Taxi
Daytona Usa
Dynamite cop
Jet Set Radio
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Metropolis Street Racer
Rayman 2
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Soul Calibur
Speed Devils
Star Wars Racer
Tony Hawk's 2
Virtua Tennis 2
Wacky Races
Sega GT

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not too sure how this is on pc but I’m hoping maybe if possible to load games while their zipped. When these games are zipped they are under 1gb and that’s great for saving memory.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jojo didn’t work properly characters are broken while playing I did get one crash but the second time I didn’t I guess because I was using full ram.

davidgf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow some people clearly didn't sleep tonight :D
For the ones asking for github, changes are being upstreamed as we speak. Had to change some stuff in reicast to add proper support for switch. Switch is quite unique when it comes to the Operating System.
I still need to investigate how to proceed with the next steps. There might be some limitations and caveats to add full support (aka what CFW you using), I'm only targeting Atmosphere really. I'm amazed ppl in other CFW can use it :)
And yeah: texture invalidation is the next thing I want to add, shouldn't be too hard, that will allow you to read caps and probably any UI that's not properly rendered will show up :)

Dark Ronin

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thank you very much for this! You're the man!
+ 1 for rumble, is it supported?
Finally, have a chance to play and complete the best version of Resident Evil 2! Same goes for Skies of Arcadia!
And one more - what about importing game saves? How reicast handles vmu-files?

davidgf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess save games are compatible with the ones in PC version of reicast. It's just a flash dump of the VMU IIUC. Copy the files and let us know whether it worked.
I'd stick to VMU saves cause although reicast supports snapshots, I'm not sure how compatibility will look in the future. I'd like to fix all of that and ensure any snapshots people take today are compatible in the future, right now it's pretty much a memcpy of some internal reicast structures, which is freaking scary :P

Reactions: Dark Ronin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)