RELEASE reicast [Dreamcast emulator] for Switch/Horizon [Alpha]

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by davidgf, May 13, 2019.

1. DSwizzy

DSwizzy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2018
    United States
    Bonerville
    You didn't corrected me at all lol see now your continuing this charade while i said i apologize but now since you refused now were gonna continue fighting

2. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Ignored

3. DSwizzy

DSwizzy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2018
    United States
    Bonerville
    same

4. Light_Strategist

Light_Strategist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    I dunno if anyone's said anything about it yet or not but from my experience with Sonic Adventure 2 just now, it seems as though the big graphical issue seems to stem from within parts of the character models.

I'm no programmer or someone that can navigate code and I'm not sure if this information is any help at all but I'm hoping it might help in some way.

I was able to play through Iron Gate and the Boss Battle against Hot Shot through a little patience and diligence. I got Eggman into the Chao Garden and the issues continued to stem from within the character model.

The Chao Lobby and City Escape are outright impossible to see though.

I did test Dry Lagoon to and though I could see it, the camera had to be at certain angles to not be anything like City Escape or the Chao Lobby.

Other areas like the Menus, Cutscenes and Obtained Emblem screen all seem to display fine though I forgot to see if Stage Select's screen displays well as well.

I've attached some screenshots that show various states of the distortions. Like an idiot I forgot to get a clearer image of Rouge in Dry Lagoon. As you can probably tell which images are which barring the last two, they are Dry Lagoon and City Escape respectively.

2019052020184400-2BBE4F5DE1CA7711CC699DBFF71A60CC. 2019052020185200-2BBE4F5DE1CA7711CC699DBFF71A60CC. 2019052020250400-2BBE4F5DE1CA7711CC699DBFF71A60CC. 2019052020293800-2BBE4F5DE1CA7711CC699DBFF71A60CC. 2019052020314300-2BBE4F5DE1CA7711CC699DBFF71A60CC. 2019052020321800-2BBE4F5DE1CA7711CC699DBFF71A60CC.

With that all said, I hope this helps.

5. Gamerxxx

Gamerxxx GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2018
    Chile
    Does anyone know if capcom vs snk 2 and marvel vs capcom 2 already work without graphics errors?

6. dormeus

dormeus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    The version of marvel v Capcom 2 I tried was a character sprite mess but I’ve seen others say it’s fine so it might be down to the version

7. Gamerxxx

Gamerxxx GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2018
    Chile
    I have tried the different versions of marvel vs capcom 2 in gdi and cdi and they are all with graphic errors of the characters

8. Alex4nder001

Alex4nder001 Part-time thug

Jul 28, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Amazing! I was hoping for an N64 emulator sometime soon but this is pretty impressive.
    Anyway, could you put the source code/releases on Github?

9. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    cucholix likes this.
  10. uzimakiuchiha

uzimakiuchiha GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Retroarch has a full speed n64 core..

11. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Umm, Mupen64Plus Next?

12. WiiHomebrew+Snes

WiiHomebrew+Snes GBAtemp Fan

May 4, 2016
    United States
    and source code is already on github and was linked in this thread (no releases afaik but compiling shouldn't be an issue) https://github.com/davidgfnet/reicast-emulator/tree/switchport

cucholix likes this.
  13. Acekiller910404

Acekiller910404 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2019
    United States
    Graphics errors on both. These two games are literally the only games that have me excited about this project. Here's to hoping the next update irons the issue out.

Silent_Gunner, SilverWah and Gamerxxx like this.
  14. Robfozz

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    Shenmue does not work right on reicast(at least last I checked) but it would be great to see it fixed somehow on this version.

A boy can dream

15. Joans

Joans Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    It's playable (at least I've played through the first day), but as other people have mentioned there's an issue with the textures. It starts off ok, there's just a slight issue with Ryo's eyes, but when you go out and see other people, they're wearing faces as clothes, or have clothes as their faces, or are wearing the wrong clothes or have the wrong face (not always facing in the right direction). If you wanted to play Shenmue meets Silent Hill, now's your chance.

Also, every time you enter a building it says you're entering the Hazuki Residence (but you do end up in the right building), and when you look at signs the wrong text comes up (which made it interesting trying to find the Yamamoto house as every house had one of two names).

16. Clapmaster

Clapmaster GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    Bill Gates' favorite game was Fusion Frenzy.

17. ciaomao

ciaomao GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2014
    Albania

REZ: If you enter transitions within the stage you see „presented by Sega“ in semi translucent letters. it looks odd and I cant remember this from my original HW.

Multiplayer: you have my vote

18. Esppiral

Esppiral GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2014
    Weird I've patched the game to run at 60 fps and it runs at around 50-60 fps on reicast switch, have you disabled dsp emulation? That speed the things a lot.

Also if someone wants I can post the hex code.

19. ciaomao

ciaomao GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2014
    Albania
    Are you sure to quote me? I havent recognized any speed issues, but the fps counter was off. my issue is different. I have a Sega logo on the screen during the gameplay... Maybe I will do a snapshot, if anybody is interested. It seems only visible on certain areas. but thats for me no big problem. Hey this is alpha, but feels more like an advanced beta. impressive!

20. Xecutar

Xecutar Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Canada
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I don't think that is supposed to happen lol. I can deal with that. But I really just want a more consistent framerate for Rez.

Local Multiplayer will come eventually. Since the emulator has options to add additional controllers already. It's just not configured to work with the amount of controllers that are connected to your switch atm.