RELEASE reicast [Dreamcast emulator] for Switch/Horizon [Alpha]

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by davidgf, May 13, 2019.

1. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Probably best to save the bug reports until the next build, they’re mostly caused by the same thing that has been fixed.

AronR likes this.
  2. uzimakiuchiha

uzimakiuchiha GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Stand against the wall turn around to face the rings, jump and let go of the light dash

3. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    1tb micro sd can’t come soon enough :cry:

Silent_Gunner and guily6669 like this.
  4. DSwizzy

DSwizzy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2018
    United States
    Bonerville
    does it work under DOSBox on Switch?

5. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    OMG are u sure? MSR is one of the best DC games... Its the pre - Project Gotham racing from later Xbox, M$ Bill gates actual favourite game :).

Try Sega GT too, I love that game.

And when someone could make Test Drive Le mans 24 hours to run perfect visually and performance wise I think the emulator is fully done :) Its probably the most high visual quality impressive DC game, at least I loved it so much, never liked the more HD shinny PC version neither the PS2 version, but DC version I just went nuts with that game and I'm not even a fan of 24h Le mans and never played any other game of that kind more recent, but the one on DC was such a huge masterpiece.

Also liked a lot Virtua tennis, a friend of mine wasted so much money in that game insert coin lol... When I told him I actually had the game on a thing called Dreamcast lol he went nuts no need to insert coin :)

Last edited by guily6669, May 20, 2019
    olmeca likes this.
  6. TamarindoJuice

TamarindoJuice GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2016
    Brazil

Sega GT runs fine here too, awesome racing game!

guily6669 likes this.
  7. Waltee

Waltee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    This is actually really cool! Is there any chance of uploading your entire folder that has all these emulators for Switch?

8. jacopastorius

jacopastorius GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2018
    Italy
    i put a game .gdi along with some tracks.bin in /reicast but the emulator just shows dreamcast bios in the first scree, whats wrong?

9. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    You have to go into settings and select the folder that has your roms to get them to show up.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No because Typing of the Dead is not a DOS game.

10. jacopastorius

jacopastorius GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2018
    Italy
    thank you EmulatedLife. But that particural game does not show up, i had to put it in cdi format, can't show gdi and track.bin

11. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    Yes please @davidgf , we need kb and rumble support!

12. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Trying to widescreen patch games but in hex editor I don't know which values to replace. For example the code for confidential mission is 022F0D58 43700000 but does not say which values to replace.

13. Esppiral

Esppiral GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2014
    @proffk Thats not a binary patch, that is a codebraker/Action replay code, it works in a completely different way than patching the main binary of the game.

Usually you will be given an array of bytes to find in hex and the array of bytes to replace it by.

For Confidential Mission you should
    FIND
    ABAAAA3F
    Replace by
    398EE33F

Every single instance as far as I recall.

You should check them here.
    https://assemblergames.com/threads/dreamcast-widescreen-hacks.58620/page-44

proffk likes this.
  14. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    That make sense no wonder I could not find the correct values. I am in process of going through that thread.

15. DSwizzy

DSwizzy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2018
    United States
    Bonerville
    Hope you know it runs Windows as well too smart one

16. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    That doesn't mean it's a DOS game. DOS game and Windows games aren't the same thing. The fact that it runs on Windows should tell you it doesn't work on DOSBox, but you don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited by EmulateLife, May 20, 2019
  17. DSwizzy

DSwizzy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2018
    United States
    Bonerville
    I never said it was a DOS game idiot! I said it could PROBABLY RUN on DOSBox via MEANING Windows 95/98! but i bet you never knew that because you know nothing about it.

Last edited by DSwizzy, May 20, 2019
  18. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    What the hell is wrong with you YOU ASKED IF IT RAN ON DOSBOX. IT HAS TO BE A DOS GAME TO WORK ON DOSBOX. Calling me an idiot? You're the idiot.

It's one thing to be wrong about it but to be throwing insults my way when you're wrong, just douchey.

19. DSwizzy

DSwizzy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2018
    United States
    Bonerville
    You started it first but i'm gonna end it here before it becomes an unnecessary flaming war over something petite and not worth arguing over, sorry i called you an idiot but i just dislike when certain starts jumping on my neck over a small mistake.

20. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    No one jumped on your neck. I simply corrected you and couldn't handle it. Grow the F up people make mistakes you made a big deal of it NOT me.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted