Hacking Rehacked my Wii using ModMii. Still Doesn't Work.

geokilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I rehacked my Wii again following all the instructions in the ModMii guide that was generated (attached guide). The first time I hacked it a couple years ago, it didn't work and it's just been sitting here collecting dust and playing DVD games when my friends come over. Tonight, I have encountered the following problems:
  1. "USB Loader GX (updated or not, I don't know)" cannot detect my PNY 128GB USB 3.0 drive. However, if I go to The Homebrew Channel and launch "Configurable USB Loader" there, the same USB is/was detected just fine and I was even able to launch a game off of the USB.
  2. I used the term is/was because I just tried to get the Wii to detect my USB again in The Homebrew Channel via "Configurable USB Loader" and the Wii just hangs. Only way to get it to work again is to power off my Wii and unplug the USB. Then plug it back in once I get the "Configurable USB Loader" up and running. This is a huge pain and definitely a bug of some sort that needs to be fixed. And even then, the games are crashing a lot so it's definitely not working 100%.
Thanks and hope you all are enjoying your holidays.

Attachments

• Guide.txt
    17.2 KB · Views: 412

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the above post. Perhaps you have a usb 2.0 memory stick or hdd you can test with to see if that's the problem.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I find it very odd that it would work once and not again in CFG USB Loader. I use CFG exclusively so I can't say anything on the subject of GX. But as others have said it may be that your flash drive is not compatible, you might try using another drive. If you have a external usb hard drive laying around you can load games onto it and it doesn't need to be reformatted as long as it's already fat32, NTFS, WBFS or EXT. Are you letting the Wii find your network before launching the loader? If you continue having problems after trying another HD you might try formatting your Wii and then rehacking.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On second thought, I have an 8GB PNY usb stick that is not compatible with my Wii. Out of about a dozen usb sticks, the 8GB PNY is the only one that is not compatible.

You may want to look at installing d2x cIOS v10, there are two different versions of it, one of them may get your drive compatible. Your Wii has d2x cIOS v8 installed, Modmii installed the stable version of the cIOS, v10 of the cIOS is a beta release, that's whit's not installed.

geokilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is no WiFi set up on the Wii. At least none that I can remember. The WiFi icon wasn't flashing either.

I tried using the external hard drive (Vantec USB 2.0 enclosure) and it worked just now. It only worked via "Configurable USB Loader" in The Homebrew Channel, and not USB Loader GX. Didn't test it extensively though because I have to go out.

How do I format my Wii and/or bring it back to stock? Is the ModMii guide that was generated good enough? Or am I missing something aside from the D2x cIOS v10 beta53? How do I install that? I can't look at it right now but I'm guessing it's somewhere in The Homebrew Channel?

I find it weird that certain USB sticks work yet others don't. The sole reason I bought the PNY 128GB USB 3.0 was to use it with the Wii... I was told before that all USB sticks and external hard drives should work now.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, your PNY maybe compatible with a different version cIOS installed to IOS249, no guarantees though. d2x v8 is compatible with my usb hdd, d2x cIOS v9 is not. I never found a need to see if I can get my PNY 8GB compatible since I have so many others to use. You can format your Wii but it probably wont do anything to help you. Just remember, never delete (unless you know what you're doing), installing a new version of an IOS will overwrite the currently installed version. So if you want to change IOS249 then installing a new version will overwrite the old version, no need to delete. Some people delete things they aren't suppose to and brick their wii. When you goto install a new version, install IOS249 with a base of 56, IOS250 with a base of 57, and IOS251 with a base of 58.

d2x cIOS v10 beta52 is similar to v8
d2x cIOS v10 beta53 is similar to v9

d2x cios installer for wii - http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios-installer/downloads/detail?name=d2x%20cIOS%20Installer%20v3.1.zip&can=2&q=
d2x cios stable and beta versions - http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/list
instructions - http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/w/list

If you can get CFG to recognize your PNY, then move on to GX, there is probably something in the settings that needs an adjustment.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You can format the wii by going into the settings menu and finding the option format wii system memory. Make sure you backup any save files before doing so. This will bring it back to stock settings, then just run modmii as normal. I had to do this when I bought a used Wii for a friend of mine because even though I rehacked when I received it, it was still giving me trouble running certain things. I just figured there was a problem with a previous hack and after reformatting then running modmii again everything works just as it should. There are certain drives that won't be recognized but I couldn't tell you which specific drives or why they're not compatible. You might try formatting the drive using fat32 gui formatter, which can be downloaded from modmii by selecting "usb setup + guide" option when running it on your pc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1