^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought my R4 from Dealextreme 4 weeks ago, and now I'm regretting the purchase because of the m3 real at dealextreme.
It's the same price as the R4 when I bought it, 34.90. Plus it seems to be better: check out this review.
And it even comes with a rumble pack!
dry.gif

I don't know, should I be feeling this way?

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I bought my R4 from Dealextreme 4 weeks ago, and now I'm regretting the purchase because of the m3 real at dealextreme.
It's the same price as the R4 when I bought it, 34.90. Plus it seems to be better: check out this review.
dry.gif

Theres always will be something better then what you purchased.. Like PS1 eventually became PS2 and PSP and PS3 , Same with nintendo , NES-SNES-N64-GameCube-Wii , GameBoy Color-GameBoy-GameBoyAdvance-NintendoDS... But you can't now feel bad because of that.. Enjoy what you got! ... Common you need more then:

around 95% of the homebrews work on R4
Multimedia
Lots of games can be played on that
Wi-fi on the games
download play on the games
and lots of other stuff..

wiithepeople

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Idk really, but it just seems to be better... plus it's the same price as the r4 when I bought it, but it comes with rumble pack! and FYI I don't want a slot-2 cuz I won't play GBA roms, but rumble pack would be a nice add-on.

EDIT: That was @test84. FoxMcCloud posted before I finished writing lol.

@FoxMcCloud: it's mostly the rumble pack, I'm fine with my r4, but it pisses me off that there's a deal with more stuff than I ordered for the same price that came up just after I ordered!

Also, how much does the rumble pack enhance games? Just a little or it feels completely different (in a good or bad way)?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Too bad for you... But hey, the R4 is really good too! Flashcarts get older pretty quick... You had your R4 for 4 weeks now...

I bought my M3 Lite for 90 (!) euros, and soon the M3 Simply released. I felt pretty fucked, but hey, it still is a good cart and I can play GBA games with it.

Maybe I'll buy the M3 Real later... It sounds pretty good, but they still need to convince me.

Gamefrk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any games that are enhanced with rumble? cause I have it on my slot 2 and it has never even crossed my mind to turn it on...

I like R4 better then M3 Real even now, simply because of all the R4 skins available compared to M3 (yes, I know they're compatible, but I don't want a skin saying r4 on a m3 card).

EDIT: After looking at the review, I take it back... It's got an enhanced touchscreen interface. I like it better than the R4.

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Idk really, but it just seems to be better... plus it's the same price as the r4 when I bought it, but it comes with rumble pack! and FYI I don't want a slot-2 cuz I won't play GBA roms, but rumble pack would be a nice add-on.

EDIT: That was @test84. FoxMcCloud posted before I finished writing lol.

@FoxMcCloud: it's mostly the rumble pack, I'm fine with my r4, but it pisses me off that there's a deal with more stuff than I ordered for the same price that came up just after I ordered!

Also, how much does the rumble pack enhance games? Just a little or it feels completely different (in a good or bad way)?

I know a little about it , From the rumble on the Gamecube.. So I can't tell you too much ..

As I know from my GameCube.. You feel it on the begining , and think "Wow cool ... tzz tzz" and then you'r hands get used to it , And you don't feel it..

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are there any games that are enhanced with rumble? cause I have it on my slot 2 and it has never even crossed my mind to turn it on...

I like R4 better then M3 Real even now, simply because of all the R4 skins available compared to M3 (yes, I know they're compatible, but I don't want a skin saying r4 on a m3 card).

EDIT: After looking at the review, I take it back... It's got an enhanced touchscreen interface. I like it better than the R4.

I tried it for EBA, didn't like it, turned it off and never used it again.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
lol then buy m3 too. It's same as buying 2 ds games. And i know that you're downloading hundrets of them free.
sleep.gif

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
lol then buy m3 too. It's same as buying 2 ds games. And i know that you're downloading hundreds of them free.
sleep.gif

OMG I was just typing almost the same thing! (Lucky I popped back in to check I was posting in the right thread!)
wtf.gif

Anyway anyone moaning about how they regret getting an R4, doesn't even deserve to have one!!!
nyanya.gif

Sell your R4 and get an M3, or as TaMs said...start up your collection.
yaynds.gif

On a side note, welcome back MadBob , where you been hiding ?
grog.gif

Wii_DS.

ウォリアー
Banned
Trophies
Website
fcrc.weebly.com
XP
Country
I regret buying the R4.

But i'm stuck with it untill the eWin Team find out how to let the eWin expansion pack work with other Slot-1 cards.

(Then I'll ditch the R4 for the Cyclo or the AceKard RPG)

wiithepeople

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(TaMs @ Oct 20 2007, 10:19 PM)
lol then buy m3 too. It's same as buying 2 ds games. And i know that you're downloading hundrets of them free.

I bought an R4DS with 2GB sandisk in a price of one DS game..

WHOA where did you buy your r4?!

EDIT: also I know this is offtopic but I have a question: when I open .rar files to extract onto my microsd, it says to "save to archive." What does that mean?
unsure.gif

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't regret the R4... Love what you purchased.

R4DS is still awesome in all ways, and I guess you feel screwed over since you didn't get a Rumble Pak.

In my opinion, it's really not worth it. It's just like the PS2/GC Controller shaking. The downside is that it uses more Battery.

Don't feel screwed over, all the M3DS Real has over it is MicroSDHC Support. But hopefully the R4 can get that next update.

~Nero:
wub.gif
R4DS

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dry.gif

Have a close look at the packaging. M3/GBAlpha are known to release their hardware language locked (to squeeze an extra $5 out of english people for pretty much the same hardware), and at least to me that package looks like the Chinese version (the sticker on the front of the box). Not much sense in a great touch screen interface if you cannot switch between the different languages when your primary language is not chinese... is there?

So far as I know, no one has come up with a unblockable language switcher for old M3 (perfect) gbalpha designed actel based hardware, and I certainly wouldn't bet on it being a simple pin change to do it on their new (non-R4 OEM) m3 real.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: