• Nope, no care about that

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • No, but i will do it one day

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • Yes, on rednand and it works !

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Yes, on sysnand and it works !

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Yes, on sysnand AND rednand and it works !

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nope, i bricked my rednand

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Nope, i bricked my Wii U

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sylver78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I did edit the file through ftp_everywhere after running mocha, unless I put a region code that is not including Europe, I see no reason I could not restore the original value ;)
I'll make some tests to check if putting different values (like just enabling EU and another region) is allowing the reinit to work ...

Litle_Bird

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I did edit the file through ftp_everywhere after running mocha, unless I put a region code that is not including Europe, I see no reason I could not restore the original value ;)
I'll make some tests to check if putting different values (like just enabling EU and another region) is allowing the reinit to work ...

If I understand your previous posts, you want to reset/format the system to sell it, and with Regionhax enabled you won't get any Disc channel and such... However if you enter for example "2" as in USA instead of "4" as in an EUR console. If you don't have signature patches the Internet browser, that is region locked won't launch, and if you can't launch the Internet browser, well you can't get run homebrew again and change the value back to "4", thus semi-bricking. So don't fool around with regionhax

sylver78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Actually I don't do that to sell it but to make a guide to make the Wii U region free without installing any hack on the Wii U (basically it's just using the exploit to run the homebrew channel and then run mocha/ftp-everywhere instead of hacking the Wii U). I was supposing that the region free state would survive a system reset/format so I wanted to check and I realised that the region free state is causing the disc channel to not appear after the reset :(
I have a flash backup of the console and the knowledge to restore the flash if needed, so I do not fear the brick ;)

Reactions: oslo83

Litle_Bird

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Actually I don't do that to sell it but to make a guide to make the Wii U region free without installing any hack on the Wii U (basically it's just using the exploit to run the homebrew channel and then run mocha/ftp-everywhere instead of hacking the Wii U). I was supposing that the region free state would survive a system reset/format so I wanted to check and I realised that the region free state is causing the disc channel to not appear after the reset :(
I have a flash backup of the console and the knowledge to restore the flash if needed, so I do not fear the brick ;)

I see, however if I may share my opinion, a guide like that may cause harm to some, as accidently editing the wrong line, wrong number or such and you could end up with a bricked system, even if you know how to flash the nand, the average user don't. However I don't know your target audience for this guide but I get the feeling that the ones actually doing this would be quite unexperienced or well just attract kids since it would be "Regionfree without hacking your system" it sounds kind of safe and such. But to the end user messing with either sys_prod.xml or just FTPiiU_everywhere can destroy your system.
Just running either mocha or Spiik from the browser exploit would be a much more safe alternative for those few who desire to play out of region games.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well. I have only a question and is hard to find a answer.
I have a sysnand working fine with regionhax. But I want to update. I can only connect my wiiu to the internet and update or need really undo the regionhax?

mrave

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
So my kid changed a value in the game_region to '4', and after reboot the Wii U does not load ANY app, not even settings or anything of the sorts.
Every menu or app i try to load, i get error 157-1104.
Is there any way i can edit the file again, and change it?
Is there any way to restore to factory default (if that will even help...) by hardware (not from the menu, since i can't operate the menu).
Any other way to get console access, or any other good ideas...?

Attachments

• wii.jpg
    wii.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 145

oslo83

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So my kid changed a value in the game_region to '4', and after reboot the Wii U does not load ANY app, not even settings or anything of the sorts.
Every menu or app i try to load, i get error 157-1104.
Is there any way i can edit the file again, and change it?
Is there any way to restore to factory default (if that will even help...) by hardware (not from the menu, since i can't operate the menu).
Any other way to get console access, or any other good ideas...?
No & no. No way to recover has been made public.
You are now stuck with the wiiu side bricked.
You still could access only the wii side by holding Z button at boot I think...

mrave

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
No & no. No way to recover has been made public.
You are now stuck with the wiiu side bricked.
You still could access only the wii side by holding Z button at boot I think...

Thats too bad :(
Is it possible that by hacking the vWii, with one of the saved games methods, can I have access to the slc, or be able to manipulate the regions?

sl3ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guys,
i got jap version of wii u.

just wan to clarify, if i boot to rednand and do the regionhax,
if anything goes wrong only my sd card rednand system will corrupt,
but my sysnand will be fine right?

mean i still can boot into my sysnand.
am i right?
pls help

bason24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thanks for the tip, I comfirm it working with a Japanese and an American games without issue on redNAND. We finally can play region free games from the main menu, and with online access if you please!
Allright, it's TaikoTime :3
do you have a clean dump of slc.bin and otp.bin, i need a donor slc.bin and otp.bin because my wii u is bricked when i accidentally changed the product region in sy
Hi guys,
i got jap version of wii u.

just wan to clarify, if i boot to rednand and do the regionhax,
if anything goes wrong only my sd card rednand system will corrupt,
but my sysnand will be fine right?

mean i still can boot into my sysnand.
am i right?
pls help

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have a clean dump of slc.bin and otp.bin, i need a donor slc.bin and otp.bin because my wii u is bricked when i accidentally changed the product region in sy

a donor won't help you. you could get the slc with a hard mod, but I think you're sol to fix this sort of brick without your actual otp.bin. you need it to decrypt the NAND to fix the issue. I did region hax (didn't mess up), but now that I have cbhc with region free anyway, I just left it.

Reactions: Alexander1970

bason24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
do you have a original dump of slc.bin and otp.bin from your japan wiiu, i bricked may japan wiiu because i edit the sys_prod.xml, now i need a donor slc.bin and otp.bin, i have the original copy of sys_prod.xml, what i will do is use the japan donor slc.bin and otp.bin dump and extract it and copy my sys_prod.xml into the donor slc.bin and flash it to my japan wiiu. please can u send me if u have a backup slc.bin and otp.bin.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

a donor won't help you. you could get the slc with a hard mod, but I think you're sol to fix this sort of brick without your actual otp.bin. you need it to decrypt the NAND to fix the issue. I did region hax (didn't mess up), but now that I have cbhc with region free anyway, I just left it.

ok thanks for the info. so my japan wii u now is totally dead.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens if you fully change a console's region?

nothing really. I think most games are playable without haxchi or mocha. I've never really tested it though. you can see if it worked by going into system config tool. it should list all six (I think that's right) regions as the region of the system.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing really. I think most games are playable without haxchi or mocha. I've never really tested it though. you can see if it worked by going into system config tool. it should list all six (I think that's right) regions as the region of the system.

Yeah, but i'm talking about about modifying everything.. like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<sys_prod type="complex" access="710">
<version type="unsignedInt" length="4" access="710">5</version>
<eeprom_version type="unsignedShort" length="2" access="710">1</eeprom_version>
<product_area type="unsignedInt" length="4" access="710">4</product_area>
<game_region type="unsignedInt" length="4" access="700">119</game_region>
<ntsc_pal type="string" length="5" access="700">PAL</ntsc_pal>
<5ghz_country_code type="string" length="4" access="710">EU</5ghz_country_code>
<5ghz_country_code_revision type="unsignedByte" length="1" access="710">24</5ghz_country_code_revision>
<code_id type="string" length="8" access="710">FEH</code_id>
<serial_id type="string" length="12" access="710">0000000000</serial_id>
<model_number type="string" length="16" access="710">WUP-101(03)</model_number>
</sys_prod>

What do i need to change there to change even the console region, not just the game region...

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?