Hacking Region Mismatch problem according to AnyTitle Deleter. Help?

phreak97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a korean softmodded Wii which has been changed to 4.3U (Then 003 bricked) and then back to 4.3K after fixing the 003 brick.

It appears to work fine, the menu is all korean and it wont boot any of my pal, ntsc-j or ntsc-u wii or gc original games, so I guess it's locked to korean as expected (korean ssbb is on it's way for further testing).

AnyRegion Changer is all set to Korean, NTSC etc. like it should be.

I was about to remove the softmod (as per this guide I found, hopefully it's still ok to do with 4.3) to leave it as factory original korean when AnyTitle Deleter spat out a warning:

Warning: Your System Menu and SYSCONF regions differ!
Infact your Sysmenu is 6 while Sysconf is 4.
(plus some more warnings about maybe it's semibricked and to proceed with caution etc.)

I'm guessing region 6 is Korean since it undoubtedly has the Korean System Menu.​
How can I make my Sysconf match it? I thought that's what AnyRegion changer was for..

Regards,
James​

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
It's possible to re-hack it properly without revirginizing it and there are less risks (and work) that way too.

I've never dealt with Korean Wiis but, I'd be very cautious about continuing before getting advice from someone who has.

Aractus

Trophies
Website
blog.aractus.com
XP
Country
Firstly, let me agree with d.d.d., don't "un-hack" it.

Secondly, you can region-change it just fine to 4.1U or 4.1E or 4.1J. Doing that is just as safe as region-changing between U/E/J, with the exception that you mus'n't update it to 4.2 or 4.3, thus install priiloader and set "block disc updates" and "block online updates".

phreak97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know it is not normal, but I want this wii to be korean as factory default or as close to as possible.
I am a video game collector and I already have a soft modded pal wii, a virgin pal wii, and a virgin ntsc-u wii, I only want the korean wii as an unusual variant for my collection and to play the odd korean wii or gamecube game.

I'm willing to risk bricking it again to achieve this, I have a Nand backup if required.

phreak97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, it had been changed to U then updated to 4.3U which caused the 003 brick. I have fixed that bit and made it korean again. That mismatch notification is the only thing I can see which is not as it should be.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try loading wiimod, load ios236. Load the avanced menu and region settings. Set the region setting to USA, then save. Then set the region settings to KOREAN, then save. See if that helps. Use the region presets to change from KOR to USA and back, not the individual settings.

phreak97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
mauifrog, I'll try that now, thanks:)

JoostinOnline:

Shop Code: 136
You have a Korean Wii
Serial: LKM104556xxx

Oddly, the last three digits do not match the serial on the console casing.

phreak97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yeah I had to use it to remove the shop channel account because the sticker was wrong.

The menu version is not really important to me, I don't need to play backups or imports at all on this wii.

mauifrog I did as you said and AnyTitle Deleter MOD v7.1 is still reporting that my menu and config do not match.

What do the numbers 4 and 6 relate to?

Also what IOS should I be loading when ATD starts?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps if you install the Korean region select channel, and elua channel. Perhaps if you do a format of the settings, the region select will fix the issue.

It does not sound like a big issue.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Mauifrog, will do:)

JoostinOnline: it was bricked when I got it, with that fixed I have seen no further evidence of 4.3 being dangerous.
Less brick recovery and brick protection options.

Anyway, there are only downsides to having 4.3, but it's your Wii.

I'll take a look at the source code to see what ATD is referring to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all