Region Locked with Wiikey

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by drock360, Apr 28, 2008.

Apr 28, 2008

Region Locked with Wiikey by drock360 at 12:35 AM (1,290 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. drock360
    OP

Member drock360 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have a 1.9s Wiikey with the 3.2U wii update. To play games from other regions, do I just put the game from the foreign region in my wii and it runs? Or do I have to turn on region override on my Wiikey first? I also heard about Brickblocker. Please tell me how to get foreign games running on my Wii. Thank you!

2. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    Make sure you've downloaded and burned a copy of FreeLoader for your region ...

Then, every time you download and burn a game from another region, use BrickBlock on the ISO before you burn it ...

Should the BrickBlocked game still not work, use the FreeLoader to load the game ...

To use FreeLoader : Insert FreeLoader in the Wii, wait for the blurring to finish, eject FreeLoader, insert game disc ...

3. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If I remember correctly, isn't it possible for WiiKey in the 1.9s update to block disc updates by changing it via the config disc?

4. drock360
    OP

United States
    Ok, so I don't need to turn on region override or update blocking on my Wiikey? If not, that is really easy.

5. drock360
    OP

United States