Hacking Region locked recovery?

Harukiii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey all, sorry my spelling I still shaking a little.
I changed the region of my wiiu from NTSC to PAL, obliviously now I cant access the wiiu options/eshop and cant run Haxchi to revert this dumb decision.
Does anyone know a way to revert this? Maybe resetting the system to factory default can undo this, but how can I reset without access to the system options?

Help, please.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wont' work afaik. I think you've sorta bricked. the only way I know of to fix it is with a hard mod, which isn't worth it if you have to send it to someone. at least the gamepad is like two-thirds the overall price of a system and that should be fine.

Harukiii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
wont' work afaik. I think you've sorta bricked. the only way I know of to fix it is with a hard mod, which isn't worth it if you have to send it to someone. at least the gamepad is like two-thirds the overall price of a system and that should be fine.

Thank you for replying, I have a emotional attachment to this wiiu (gift from someone who passed away), I will look for someone to hard mod it like you said!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kafluke or @Leeful might do it. they know what to do as they made the tutorial on it, but I don't know if they will do it for you or anyone really. I region freed my system (119). I didn't mess up and I made a backup of the original file, but I'm not going to revert back despite haxchi and cbhc (what I'm using) being region free. it's not worth the risk. unfortunately, the lowest entry point is with the browser which will no longer work for you, so unless someone else has a suggestion, I think the hard mod is the only way. however, you need a nand backup of before the change took place or the otp.bin (don't need nand then). do you have either?

Reactions: Harukiii and Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Kafluke or @Leeful might do it. they know what to do as they made the tutorial on it, but I don't know if they will do it for you or anyone really. I region freed my system (119). I didn't mess up and I made a backup of the original file, but I'm not going to revert back despite haxchi and cbhc (what I'm using) being region free. it's not worth the risk. unfortunately, the lowest entry point is with the browser which will no longer work for you, so unless someone else has a suggestion, I think the hard mod is the only way. however, you need a nand backup of before the change took place or the otp.bin (don't need nand then). do you have either?
I dont do any work with the WiiU anymore.

Harukiii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Hi, after two days I didnt find anyone who know (or wants) how to work on wiiu in a hardware level ( to be expected, wiiu was a giant flop in my country), about the nand backup, I know I did it day one, but I cant find the files, I will run a file recovery program later to search for it in case they were deleted by accident.
I just discovered I can still access the vwii and play wii and gc games, better than nothing I guess.
Thank you for the directions you give me!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't necessarily need the nand. you can get by with the otp.bin, then get the nand with a hardmod. the otp.bin decrypts the nand, so that you can fix the problem. a nand from before the problem is also viable. either one will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1