Region free virtual console doesn't seem to work..

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Cuber, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Cuber
    OP

Cuber GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2009
    England
    Now.. my wii is Pal on 4.0E, I have no issues with Wii games or Wiiware region free, but NTSC / JP virtual console games don't want to load. I just get a black screen, I don't even get told this channel can't be used... it just crashed.

I can't seem to figure out why, I've tried loading in Gecko OS but get the same thing.. [​IMG] I use pre-loader hacks to make it so I can load NTSC and JP stuff and it works great, but with virtual console.. yeah. [​IMG]

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    u using the regionfree everythign hack?

u have a patched system menu IOS?

your tv capable of playing NTSC video mode?

3. Cuber
    OP

Cuber GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2009
    England
    1: I'm using the region free channel hack. It works for Wiiware. Maybe I should try a new hack list.. if there is one.

2: Not done that... I think. >.>; Normally the preloader hack works fine for wiiware and wii games so I've not really had to.

3: Yeah it is. And I know it is because my NTSC games are in colour. o-o

4. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    1) get the hacks.ini from HERE

2) patch your system menu IOS, this is required to play pirated vc/wiiware channels

5. Cuber
    OP

Cuber GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2009
    England
    But the wiiware ones work...

What should I patch it with then?

Edit: lol I updated the hacks.ini and now EVERY channel is giving me a "This channel can't be used" error. >_>

Edit2: It was the Region free EVERYTHING hack that caused that. :/ Also the hacks at that link are for 4.1 or 4.2...
    I should update from 4.0 sometime.. Or just use a rom. >_>;

6. jaybee

jaybee GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2010
    Xflak broke your Wii! [​IMG]

7. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

Jun 19, 2009
    No he didnt

you need to patch you System Menu IOS to play downloaded/pirated VC/WW games and there is no need for a Priiloader hack if done correctly and it takes less than 30 seconds to do, once your IOS is patched you can install and use VC/WW wads from any region and they will play

away to patch you IOS is to use "Freethebug", its part of "wwpacker", do a search for it, get you SM IOS using NUS/NUSAD(NOT A STUBBED VERSION) pak it as a "wad", drag & drop the packed wad on "_wwpacker-FreeTheBug.bat" and choose what patches you want, once dont use a wadmanager to install that patched wad and your done

8. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    @jaybee... hey hey hey! I resent that comment!! I am gonna need to start putting a disclaimer after all of my posts!

@OP, yea, those hacks I gave u are for 4.1 and 4.2, I forgot u were on 4.0, but even if u got the wrong hacks.ini, it shouldn't brick u, i think u just shouldn't have been able to use it. And I use the regionfree everything hack (on 4.2U) and it didn't brick me so I dont think it was this hack that was screwing up ur wii

so where do u stand now... your edit2 makes it sound like u figured out the problem

thx for coming to my defence [​IMG]

but dont u need the regionfree hack AND a patched system menu IOS to play pirated vc/wiiware from other regions?

9. longtom1

longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Jan 12, 2009
    Honey Oils inc.
    Try these hacks.ini use them myself on 4.0E but has hacks for 3.2E-4.2E included

10. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

Jun 19, 2009
    nope, i dont use those types of hack i only use "Skip A button........blah" and have a patched IOS60 with full permission and can still play out of region VC/WW

11. Slimmmmmm

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

Nov 1, 2007
    the land of lol
    lol [​IMG]

12. jaybee

jaybee GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2010
    LOL I was only kidding Xflak! Don't worry! hehe! Yeh, it was good to see pepxl jump on me there! [​IMG]