Region Free Modchip

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Da Foxx, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Da Foxx
    OP

Da Foxx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2006
    Canada
    I'm a bit confused, or I haven't been up to date with the Wii scene here. I have a simple question that I would like someone to answer for me. Is their a region free modchip out? Because I know a place where they can mod your Wii and the guy told me that the WiiKey can play games from other regions. Is this true? Thank you.

2. Warm Woolly Shee

Warm Woolly Shee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2006
    United States
    Butt City, FA rt
    No modchips are completely region free.

Some are on the horizon, but I don't know their release dates or details, some people believe them to be rumors.

Wiikey is coming up soon, and according to their site, is NTSC region free. That means if you have a US NTSC, you can play JAP NTSC and the other way around.

PAL region-free is partially working, which is rumored to be full functionality NTSC backups on a PAL machine on 70% of currently released games.

Read for yourself:

http://wiikey.cn/

3. Da Foxx
    OP

Da Foxx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2006
    Canada
    Thank you.. I'll wait till I get a confirmation about this chip being region free. As of European games not working 100 percent doesn't concern me.

4. Warm Woolly Shee

Warm Woolly Shee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2006
    United States
    Butt City, FA rt
    It's a good idea to wait and get confirmation of features, especially after the whole Cyclowiz debacle.

I'm not that patient though, and pre-ordered Wiikey a few days ago. I trust the Xenogc team enough to give it a shot.

5. MaHe

MaHe one lazy schmo

Aug 4, 2006
    Slovenia
    Maribor
    Heh, same here.
    According to dude who will send me one, I should get it today, but guess I'll have to wait another week. Oh, well, patience is a virtue.