Hacking Region Free GC games on 4.0U?

lvholanda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*doing this with Internet Channel*

I finally got a new GC memory card, so I downloaded some games, and some cool games are PAL and my Wii is NTSC-U, there is a way of Region free GC on 4.0?

thanks XD

lvholanda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will give a try, thanks
smile.gif

Hey, I see Starpatch4.0 has region free, cant work?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm pretty sure there is a hack for preloaders hacks.ini that makes it region free.

Otherwise you could just start an ActionReplay/Freeloader dol with Wii Gamecube Homebrew Launcher.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the preloader GC region free does not work on any NTSC-U wii ive tried it on (all 3.2u, not 4.0) it actually stops all legit gamecube games from being able to load and out of region backups will not load, in region backups however do load..this is with preloader .28 and .29

also tested without preloader, and with starfall gc region free, this as well does not work and causes the same thing as having preloader gc region free...

ive given up trying to get region free gc games working and only play ntsc-u backups..

edit-- this is my own experiences, im sure others have successfully gotten region free gc backups working, ive just had nothing but problems..and ive tried this on 3 diff wii's...

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're using the backup launcher it should be mostly region free anyways, if you have a modchip the preloader hacks.ini should do it.

ofcoarse not all games are compatible with other regions whether you region free them or not it's always best to just find the games from your own area.
i don't think there are any gamecube games out in europe but not america

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning