1. tjexp

tjexp Happy New Year!

We don't extract everything from the update so we don't know how to get to the icon (if there is one) for updates :(

2. Nic333

Nic333 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Updates are just NCCH (.cxi) files, can be decrypted using 3DS_Decryptor....

cearp and tjexp like this.
  3. cearp

OP cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    yeah these can be made region free, but you don't really need to UNLESS you are not using gw, so you will need it if you are using the 4.5 cfw.
    but i think the cfw will be updated to patch region free maybe... but i only use gw.

report him :(

NO REQUESTS, i don't want to spend time on your weird ass japanese game, i'm going to get them ALL, in like a week or so, whenever my big sd card comes.

4. Nic333

Nic333 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
  5. Saitel

Saitel Member
    Newcomer

Okay, I downloaded the flipnote update but it doesn't work for me somehow. I wanted to reinstall it but I don't know the name of it

6. cearp

OP cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    i didn't test any of them... but i'll test the ones that don't work :)
    what do you mean you don't know the name of it?

7. Saitel

Saitel Member
    Newcomer

I can't find it on devmenu and when I try to install it again I get a message that is installed already

Edit: Is it region unlocked? My flipnote is region locked and maybe there is a problem. I tried to make region free .cia before but I failed

8. Pestilence204

Pestilence204 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    From the look of it, the title ID is what matters. Pokemon X and Y have the same title ID for all regions, and I know those updates are region free. I don't think there would be a way to make other updates region free.

9. Nic333

Nic333 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    If the lock works like that, so just patch the base game region, and keep the original ID for update and game, and profit, region free

10. cearp

OP cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    no, it's not region free like you think.
    you are thinking of using the a game and an update from different regions, like a korean game and a usa update.
    sure, it most cases at least, it probably won't work.

we are talking about since the cia is not the same region as the console, it would not be loaded (or something like that), but on gateway it does.
    but on the 4.5 cfw (not gw) it does not. but, you can edit the update and make it region free so it will work on 4.5 cfw.
    on gw classic mode unsigned cias are simply not loaded, maybe gw will change that

sure, it might work in some cases.
    but game content can also change between regions etc... not always so simple

11. Pestilence204

Pestilence204 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Well, ignore me then.

cearp likes this.
  12. reshiram1

reshiram1 Member
    Newcomer

hello cearp I have a question ¿ can put anonfiles download the update of youkai watch 1 update . and also youkai watch 2 Ganso edition 1.3 update. and also youkai watch 2 Honke edition 1.3 update. and also on the release date of the update 2.0 day December 13, 2014 of youkai watch 2 Ganso edition and also youkai watch 2 Honke edition and also update and also update of Digimon World Re-Digitize Decode. and also Medarot 7 Kabuto Ver. and also Medarot 7 Kuwagata and also Medarot 8 Kuwagata Ver. and also and finally and Medarot 8 Kabuto Ver.? I hope you can help thank you friend cearp hope your answer a greeting

13. cearp

OP cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    hi :) i will upload every single jp update in a week or two :) i hope you can wait

14. alucard_xs

alucard_xs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    any news about DLC of jam with the band 3DS version JAP ?

15. cearp

OP cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    there is no real dlc, you need to buy tomatos with real money... :) maybe the tomato count can be hacked, but most likely it's server side

16. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the updates. Only needed senran kagura, but just grabbed them all in case I decide to play any of the other games at a later date.

I wonder if BBB will start to release updates. They released a load of EU updates before we could install .cia, hopefully they will start again with updates from everywhere.

17. drobb

drobb Hunter

United States
  18. cearp

OP cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    please tell me if it works or not

19. mcsdoode

mcsdoode Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Installed the MH4G update cia, the update notification no longer pops up and the update is showing up in the "DLC" section of the SD storage management menu. I think it worked! To be sure, I'd have to know what the update added, though...

20. cearp

OP cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    when you play the game, on the title screen it should say 1.01, or whatever version the update is. (that is what usually happens with game updates)
    i'm sure it will work :)
    ok, so, that's one update confirmed working, thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (Region, updates, free)