Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichii Giki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there disc games that are incompatible with region-free patching?

I have been trying to get Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival (Japanese version) running on my US console and none of the following methods have worked thus far:
  1. Mocha CFW
  2. OurLoader
  3. SigPatcher2HBL
  4. SigPatcher2sysmenu
  5. Launching pre-compiled fw.img with the Homebrew Channel
I have HAXCHI installed on a VC game and that works fine (launches the Homebrew Channel fine every time), but I can't get this disc to launch.
I either get Error Code: 157-1104 when trying to launch the disc from the home menu,
or Error Code: 150-3031 when launching through OurLoader (both English and French builds).
Furthermore, I am making all these attempts on SysNAND (no RedNAND).

Any suggestions?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For region free its like loadiine: certain games need patches to run correctly on out of region.

Ichii Giki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For region free its like loadiine: certain games need patches to run correctly on out of region.

Wait, that doesn't make sense. It's nothing like that on the 3DS and on Wii U, for example, the permanent region-free hack involves just changing a byte value to basically return true for all regions. I haven't seen anything purporting region-free on Wii U to require game-specific patches.

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait, that doesn't make sense. It's nothing like that on the 3DS and on Wii U, for example, the permanent region-free hack involves just changing a byte value to basically return true for all regions. I haven't seen anything purporting region-free on Wii U to require game-specific patches.
For me it makes sense .
In Therorie
A japanese version contain the japanese language
But not all the other languages are included.
1:game start
2:the game see a english console
3:the game start searching the english language folder
4:wiiu gets a error for not finding the right language
5: add the right languagefolder to solve the problem

Or spoof the region from the console itself to japanese

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does make sense. The Wii U isn't the 3ds for you information. The a japan game only has japan language on it and the console can crash if it decets a English console.

Try running Super Mario 3d World JPN on USA and you will see.

Ichii Giki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it makes sense . ...
Or spoof the region from the console itself to japanese

It does make sense. The Wii U isn't the 3ds for you information. The a japan game only has japan language on it and the console can crash if it decets a English console.

Try running Super Mario 3d World JPN on USA and you will see.

So these explanations make some sense now and I can understand the Wii U being a bit different from the 3DS. Just going back for a sec, there is no need to do any sort of "language patching" there, the games just launch on the 3DS.

If there is a need for such patching on Wii U games, how come it isn't mentioned in any of the Region-Free Wii U threads? They all seem to just say you patch for region-free and then are able to launch games. For, example, none of the OurLoader documentation mentions anything about needing to do specific patches for games.

Can you please point me in the direction of any information on such patches on a per-game basis if they are necessary? Or how would one go about spoofing the language region of the console temporarily to launch Japanese games on a US/English console, for example? Any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ichii Giki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor update: I was able to use wudump and wud2app to rip my Japanese copy of Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival and install it directly on my system. After running any region-free patching method, I get a little further in the launching process: the games splash screen shows for a few seconds, but then I receive one of the following errors:

If installed on a USB drive:
Error Code: 150-3033
An error has occurred.

The USB storage device may not be receiving enough power.

Please turn the Wii U console off, and then plug in the USB storage device's...

Except my device is a flash drive, so no extra power to plug in.

If I copy the game to my internal memory (or install it directly there) and then try to run it:
Error Code: 150-3032
An error has occurred.

If there is a disc in the console, press the EJECT Button and remove the disc, then turn off the Wii U console and try again later.

No disc in the drive of course because I have ripped and installed the game locally.

(Also I have turned off Power Saving mode for USB drives with no effect and tried reinstalling the game, including directly to system memory.)

Any suggestions?

D

Deleted User

Hey , i am the OurLoader developer .
Sorry , but some games like Super Mario 3D World doesn't works.
regionhax doesn't works ?
Region-free on WIi U is pretty easy , but some JPN games doesn't work on EUR/NTSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte