Hacking Region Free Channels on SD Card

Anim8r Dude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't worry. My questions are pretty darn simple. Don't need to make a fuss about it. HOWEVER, it is no noob questions either. :l
This question goes for those who are familiar with Priiloader Hacks or Gecko OS.

SO, as you guys may know, with the help of a few Priiloader hacks, you can just about region free everything on the Wii, from games to channels. SADLY, channels on the Wii system take up quite a lot of space so I had to move them to the SD Card. But what's inconvenient is that 4.2 Priiloader Region Free hacks don't (important number & word
tongue.gif
) apply to the SD card channels. You guys would probably ask "Why don't you use a Region Free Channel SD Card Hack thing"? I would probably answer "I would. But there doesn't seem to be any".
glare.gif

SO HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

Does there actually exist a "Region Free SD Card Channel Hack"?
Can Gecko OS boot games from the SD Card? (because I know Gecko never fails, but I don't know if it can load from there)
OR would you guys recommend something else (something easier or more effective)?

Sorry. No prizes for answering my questions. Have fun.
toot.gif

Anim8r Dude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WELL, If that's the case, why do my Non-NTSC channels fail to launch? Would you recommend something else?

That was a BlAZinG fAsT reply there Muffinman. >_>

Anim8r Dude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AND SO IT SEEMS that I never patched my System Menu whatsoever (or don't recall doing so). You see, I'm using Priiloader hacks that I can enable/disable anytime I want, while patches (that I just Googled up) makes permanent changes to the Wii.

To avoid dragging on this conversation any longer, I suppose I'll just finish it off by asking "Do you recommend patching your system menu with StartPatch and will it work"? :?

AND thanks everyone (or just Bazamuffin for not avoiding this topic
mthrnitesmiley.gif
)

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Sorry for the delay in repsonding, trying to shake a heavy bout of flu and a chest infection. Read here in the compete softmod guide

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/dop-ios

Scroll down for info on patching the system menu, and as usual read carefully and make sure you're clear before proceeding. Good luck dude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16