Region Encoded

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by -KangaRod-, Dec 2, 2006.

1. -KangaRod-
    OP

-KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2006
    Canada
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Hey,
    Has anyone figured a way to get past region encoding yet?

I've got my US system and I'm trying to play a Japanese version of Wii play.I tried the disc swap at a few different times, but that didn't pan out of course.

Also, if anyone else has any ideas lemmie know and I'll give them a wurl.

2. cmbuzzkill

cmbuzzkill Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2006
    United States
    I was pretty sad to hear about the region encoding for the wii...especially after they said there wouldn't be any...then retracted the statement...grr

My solution is to buy a JP console... that's what I'm doing when I go back this summer... I'll just play US games on my friends wii... heck.. the JP version is superior to the US console anyway (so i hear...)

3. -KangaRod-
    OP

-KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2006
    Canada
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    so, nobody has heard anything yet?

Any ideas where I could check?

4. dokool

dokool Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2006

It's completely region-locked, according to both official statements by Nintendo reps as well as reports on Joystiq, Kotaku, etc. People are saying that a Gamecube Freeloader lets people play import Gamecube games, but we'll have to wait for a solution for Wii stuff.

5. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    I can confirm that at least the GameCube Freeloader lets you play Import GameCube games (Naruto 4 works on my Wii with this.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice