Hacking Region changing question

lostdotfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bit of an odd question - is region changing permanent (unless you do it again) and complete?

Just to clarify that with a usage case;

I take a US region 3DS and install B9S then follow the region swap part of guide.3ds to change it to EUR

I now follow the guide to uninstall CFW using the GM9 script. After completing - do I end up with a console on the new region - or will it uninstall back to the original region?

finn_91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Bit of an odd question - is region changing permanent (unless you do it again) and complete?
I think it is permanent. Until you change it again. Using TinyFormat won't restore original region after all.
I now follow the guide to uninstall CFW using the GM9 script. After completing - do I end up with a console on the new region - or will it uninstall back to the original region?
No idea how region changed console should work without CFW. You're the guinea pig. I think nobody done that ever.
Why the hell you want to change region and uninstall B9S? Just sell US and buy EU one. Or change it without uninstalling B9S.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You will probably end up with a brick, unless you use a donor SecureInfo_A file from a console of the region you are changing it to. I don't know for sure, but I definitely wouldn't be trying it if it were me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back