Hacking Region Changing - Problem from Jpn - Usa

Herald

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following plailect's guide for a region change for my japanese 3ds. I was able to ctrnand transfer to 9.2 and did a system update to 11.2. Unfortunately, i was unable to install cias on fbi, because i kept getting an error. Any questions on how to solve this issue? Also, is there any way for my games to show up on my the US nand? (games i've already installed on my japanese nand) How do i back them up?

Edit*
Install failed! Could not install app. Raw Error: 0xc8a0802b Module: AM (0x20) Level: Status (0x19) Summary: Invalid State (0x5) Description: Database does not exist (0x2b)

Last edited by Herald,

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following plailect's guide for a region change for my japanese 3ds. I was able to ctrnand transfer to 9.2 and did a system update to 11.2. Unfortunately, i was unable to install cias on fbi, because i kept getting an error. Any questions on how to solve this issue? Also, is there any way for my games to show up on my the US nand?
Lml can you actually tell us the error it's spitting out ^^

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And yes out of region titles will show up on an emunand, and I think on a9lh too

Herald

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lml can you actually tell us the error it's spitting out ^^

And yes out of region titles will show up on an emunand, and I think on a9lh too

Edited main post to reflect the error that shows up! Thanks!

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edited main post to reflect the error that shows up! Thanks!
You have a simple database error, and this had to do with your databases not existing on your SD, in the id0 id1 folder

The <id0> and <id1> correspond to the folders who names are just strings of hex. The directory you end up putting your "dbs" folder should also have an "extdata" folder. You may have two sets of these <id0> <id1> folders if your nands are unlinked, assuming you use emunand. To make the empty .db files, just create a blank text document and rename it and change the extension. Once all these files are in the right place just go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software and let it repair the files. CIA installation should work after this.

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Herald

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a simple database error, and this had to do with your databases not existing on your SD, in the id0 id1 folder

The <id0> and <id1> correspond to the folders who names are just strings of hex. The directory you end up putting your "dbs" folder should also have an "extdata" folder. You may have two sets of these <id0> <id1> folders if your nands are unlinked, assuming you use emunand. To make the empty .db files, just create a blank text document and rename it and change the extension. Once all these files are in the right place just go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software and let it repair the files. CIA installation should work after this.

Thanks, i appreciate it. I Know where i messed up now. Btw, Is there any way to restore the games i had previously installed on the Japanese nand to the US nand i just transferred to?

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, i appreciate it. I Know where i messed up now. Btw, Is there any way to restore the games i had previously installed on the Japanese nand to the US nand i just transferred to?
I think a ctr transfer might work.

I think a ctr transfer might work.
Forgot to add,
Being that you used to have a JPN region, your saves wouldn't be able to transfer as a USA/EU game would reject the save therefore, your games have to stay JPN. For some odd reason, EU and USA are inter-transferable, but JPN can only be played on jpn because there is something extra on a JPN save

Don't get me wrong, you can still have them as emunand and a9lh is region free, and play just fine, just you can't change to a USA/EU version of the same game and expect to keep the same save

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off