Hacking region changing and a9lh questionS

DesperadoV3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) im thinking about installing a9lh on my US new 3ds. Right now it's on 9.2 sys and latest version emunand (reinand). but what im worried about is that I have alot of games and save on my emunand right now, and i don't wanna have to restart. Is there anything i can do about this? (besides backing up all my saves and reinstalling all my games)
2) I have an old 3ds LL (JP) with a9lh (cfw sys), and i'm thinking about region changing it to US, mainly cause my little sister is going to be using it and she wont be able to understand certain system titles like mii maker and streetpass plaza. Also, some games are forced to be the language of the region of your system, so games like Pokemon Shuffle and Rumble world are always in japanese for me. However I'm a bit skeptical because I heard that region changing is "experimental and can break several things". So is it worth region changing? i don't care about eshop access.

Last edited by DesperadoV3,

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i region changed mine and apart from broken eshop access (which I believe is only a real issue for n3ds), its fine for me. I can play mh4u and other games no problem, carts and all.

Its up to you really to decide if its worth it. Hell you could region change your emunand and keep sysnand jp just to be safe.

And as was said above, follow the guide to a t and all your games and saves should be fine.

Last edited by MajinCubyan,

suparnemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i region changed mine and apart from broken eshop access (which I believe is only a real issue for n3ds), its fine for me. I can play mh4u and other games no problem, carts and all.

Its up to you really to decide if its worth it. Hell you could region change your emunand and keep sysnand jp just to be safe.

And as was said above, follow the guide to a t and all your games and saves should be fine.

I believe with O3DS there is a bypass and you can still use eshop. Just have to follow the instructions 100% and I think delete NNID before you start.

Reactions: MajinCubyan

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe with O3DS there is a bypass and you can still use eshop. Just have to follow the instructions 100% and I think delete NNID before you start.

Yeah, I remember reading that. Mine is a jp n3ds so I would need a virgin secureinfo file if I wanted to have eshop access but I don't particular care too much. Since op wants to do it to o3ds ll, should be good to go.

DesperadoV3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another update: i've installed a9lh(cfw sys latest version) on my n3ds, but it's a completely new nand, so i don't have my stuff. HOWEVER i did backup my emunand before installing a9lh. So would it be ok if i restored my sysnand with the emunand backup?

Ricken

Oh Pretty Angel... Did None Teach You?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another update: i've installed a9lh(cfw sys latest version) on my n3ds, but it's a completely new nand, so i don't have my stuff. HOWEVER i did backup my emunand before installing a9lh. So would it be ok if i restored my sysnand with the emunand backup?
You'll be fine, So long as you restore the backup using Hourglass9

Reactions: MajinCubyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.