Hacking Feedback Hardware Homebrew Region change on Nintendo wii didn’t go well

CICCIOBOMBO911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, after i tried to change te region on my wii from PAL to NTSC U, I shut it down and then I restarted it, with a problem, the Wii will power on, though there will be no signal present on the TV, and the Wii remote will power on the system, but it will not connect afterwards, I tried booting into priiloader, with no success (edit: I forgot to install priiloader after the region change since it uninstalled itself), so now, I don’t know what to do. Any help? I hope it’s just a PAL to NTSC resolution problem and that I didn’t actually brick indefinitely my system

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see why you would want to change the region of your console, as everything can be done through Priiloader. Is there a specific reason on why you want to do this?

CICCIOBOMBO911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any idea what u did? I imagine u installed some wads (which ones?) and u maybe ran any region changer?
I ran the anyregion changer included in wiimodlite, after that I’ve installed the NTSC-U version of the system menu 4.3 (as a wad file)
I don't see why you would want to change the region of your console, as everything can be done through Priiloader. Is there a specific reason on why you want to do this?
I’ve done that because I just couldn’t run a modded version of an NTSC-U Game into a pal console, even when forcing it to set the resolution to PAL in USB Loader GX/WiiFlow, AND with the priiloader hacks enabled (every single option that had “region free” on it), in the end I’ve decided to go the risky way
Did you have bootmii as boot2?
No, my Wii wasn’t made before 2008

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Were you on 4.3E before installing 4.3U? If not, you might be missing IOS80 and without a system menu IOS you're screwed. You also would have needed to install the Region Select v2 (USA) and EULA v3 (USA) wads.

I'm not sure how stable Wii Mod Lite's any region changer is. I know it's WAD manager has some bugs that could cause it to crash. I suggest using Any Region Changer ModMii Edition in the future. In fact, ModMii has an entire Region Change wizard that makes this entire process much less risky.

Anyway, I'm not sure if there's anything you can do to recover at this stage; I know more about how to prevent bricks than recover from them, lol. If you have bootmii installed as boot2 just start up the wii with SD:\bootmii saved to an inserted sd card and it will load and you can easily recover.

CICCIOBOMBO911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Were you on 4.3E before installing 4.3U?
yes
I'm not sure how stable Wii Mod Lite's any region changer is. I know it's WAD manager has some bugs that could cause it to crash. I suggest using Any Region Changer ModMii Edition in the future. In fact, ModMii has an entire Region Change wizard that makes this entire process much less risky.
i see, i've always used wii mod lite since it's "better" than multi mod manager and normal wiimod, and i'm aware that there is a stand alone version of any region changer
Anyway, I'm not sure if there's anything you can do to recover at this stage; I know more about how to prevent bricks than recover from them, lol. If you have bootmii installed as boot2 just start up the wii with SD:\bootmii saved to an inserted sd card and it will load and you can easily recover.
so, by this point, is my wii is just a paperweight? since another guy suggested me to do a bootmii nand backup using a gamecube controller and then doing the konami code (i still haven't tried because i don't have a gamecube controller)

EDIT: (if you're asking about my wii model, it is a RVL-001, the one with the gamecube ports)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u have bootmii boot2 u don't need a gamecube controller, and if u don't have bootmii as boot2, but only as IOS, u won't be able to access it so a gamecube controller won't help

Some rvl-001 wii's that have GC ports are still too new to have bootmii boot2. In any case it's too late to install it now even if the wii is old enough (unless u have an infectus chip and soldering skills), just check if it's installed following the procedure I mentioned above

Also AFAIK just ARC ModMii Edition 1.0.6 fully supports Korean firmwares and wiimote + remotes, and it was only released earlier this year

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If u have bootmii boot2 u don't need a gamecube controller, and if u don't have bootmii as boot2, but only as IOS, u won't be able to access it so a gamecube controller won't help
You use the POWER and RESET buttons to select.
Post automatically merged:

In any case it's too late to install it now even if the wii is old enough (unless u have an infectus chip and soldering skills), just check if it's installed following the procedure I mentioned above
It's possible to perhaps recover your Wii using the MarioKart-PWNS method, but it requires a modchip.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it’s just a PAL to NTSC resolution problem and that I didn’t actually brick indefinitely my system
If it was, you'd get a black & white picture instead of none/ blackscreen (if you're using composite cables).
I’ve done that because I just couldn’t run a modded version of an NTSC-U Game into a pal console, even when forcing it to set the resolution to PAL in USB Loader GX/WiiFlow, AND with the priiloader hacks enabled (every single option that had “region free” on it), in the end I’ve decided to go the risky way
Well, you made a mistake, since your Wii is from a PAL region, you should've gotten a scart/component cables to circumvent that issue, with either out-of-region (NTSC) games will play as they should without the need of doing any region changing shenanigans..
No, my Wii wasn’t made before 2008
So you could've still installed BootMii as Boot2, or even as IOS it would've been better than none.
You sure you don't have it installed?
i see, i've always used wii mod lite since it's "better" than multi mod manager and normal wiimod,
I'd recommend using Some-YAWMM-Mod.
So, by this point, is my wii is just a paperweight? since another guy suggested me to do a bootmii nand backup using a gamecube controller and then doing the konami code (i still haven't tried because i don't have a gamecube controller)
If you couldn't access Priiloader when holding "reset" on boot, and you didn't have BootMii installed, then i'm afraid so..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1