Hacking Region Change Korean Wii

apedra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone region changed a 4.2K Wii into a 4.2 U ? I can't read Korean and would like my Wii menus to be in English. I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I bought my wii softmodded. Also, it is a new Wii model (black).

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
first install HBC
then use wadmanager to install ios70 from darkcorp
then download system menu 4.2U from NUSD then install it using wad manager
before you exit the homebrew channel use ARC 1.1b MOD6 with korean support.
region change it to US..
exit to HBC then install priiloader .4

that's it.... setup your sd card first before you this all.

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
XFlak said:
I was wondering... can dop-mii be used instead of ARC 1.1b MOD6? I've never used it, but just looking at their menu, it seems it is capable of region changing

does dop-mii have a region changing feature?
i only know that it can install wad files...
but editing the setting.txt is what ARC is.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
XFlak said:
I was wondering... can dop-mii be used instead of ARC 1.1b MOD6? I've never used it, but just looking at their menu, it seems it is capable of region changing

AFAIK, no. It can install out of region menus, but I don't think it changes regions. I could be wrong, though.

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
wes11ph said:
first install HBC
before you exit the homebrew channel use ARC 1.1b MOD6 with Korean support.
region change it to US..

I had modded and region changed about 250 Korean Wii to USA Version till now without any fail.
All you have to do is what wes11ph said but just alter some steps

1)use bannerbomb to install HBC or to launch a wad manager or any hombebrew launchers like loadmii, or you can just launch MMM i prefer this All-In-One tool.
2)if your Korean Wii hadn't been softmodded yet you have to downgrade IOS36 before you can install CIOS or run ARC. (use MMM for this it's done automatically just use the option to Downgrade and Patch IOS36.)
3)remove all installed stubs (there is another option in MMM to do that just choose it)
4)select wad manager and install CIOS70 from CIOSCrop package or get it from any where else.
5)launch Any Region Changer Offline V1.1b MOD 6.0 (ARC V1.1b Offline MOD 6.0) and just go to the second options category and select USA as your region it will select all other required options and select Save then exit to system menu (do not forget to do save before exit and don't play with other settings
wink.gif
).
6)now install System Menu 4.2 USA using wad manager and you will get a English System Menu now
wink.gif

7)install PriiLoader for brick protection if you want also to enable Region Free for System Menu and others.

Hope this will help you.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to change the region settings before you change the system menu. If you don't and the app fails to reload HBC you will have a nasty semi brick. This is likely with the new HBC. Also, 4.2k will boot with USA settings, AFAIK it will not boot with EURO settings. Just use ARC and it should not be an issue.

First download
IOS58-64-v6175
IOS34-64-v3348
IOS15-64-v257
cIOS236

Setup the sd-card with bannerbomb v2, with MMM to load
Download Hackmii 0.8 to sd:\apps
Download AnyRegion Changer mod 06 to sd:\apps

Bannerbomb MMM
Install ios15 and 58
reload to ios15
install cios236

Load App Manager
Run Hackmii installer
Install HBC and Bootmii ios- make a nand backup
exit to HBC

Run ARC mod 06 -use ios236
Use the wiimote, go down to-"system menu 4.1 installer"
Select "System Menu Region"
Change the region to USA, Europe, Japan, or Korea
Go down to "Auto set from System Menu Region" -Press A
"WARNING: AREA: SysMenu MISMATCH!" will appear above- this is normal
Go down to "Install System Menu 4.1" -Press A to install 4.1

Done- now you have 4.1u
You can use dop-mii to remove the Korean Channels and Install US versions, or use ATD mod.
You should also install cIOS70 and 80-v6174. These prevent the 003 error should you update by mistake. Install priiloader to block updates, and remember that next SM update will brick your wii.

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
trumpet-205 said:
Don't region changed it. You'll brick your Wii instant with 003 error. Plus it is not fixable at this point.

That is true if you didn't installed CIOS70 before region change to USA or Europe but since he will install CIOS70 first there is no 003 Error yet
wink.gif

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
wes11ph said:
XFlak said:

i think that dop-mii doesn't have this feature
but i had asked Wiiwu to include a region changing option in his great MMM so we can use it as All-In-One tool to region change and mod our Wiis
wink.gif

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
XFlak said:

No it can not since Dop-Mii does not have the ability to change region settings, but i hope that Wiiwu will add this feature to his great tool MMM in next version
smile.gif

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Abkarino said:
wes11ph said:
XFlak said:

i think that dop-mii doesn't have this feature
but i had asked Wiiwu to include a region changing option in his great MMM so we can use it as All-In-One tool to region change and mod our Wiis
wink.gif

yeah this is what i hope too.
a one tool that can do it all.
no loaders needed

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
wes11ph said:
yeah this is what i hope too.
a one tool that can do it all.
no loaders needed

Yeah i hope that will do it next version so we can use MMM as All-In-One Modding tool also i think that may we ask them to add an option to patch any WAD file so that we can use a diff patch files from NUS Auto Downloader to make MMM Darkcrop version also
wink.gif

apedra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Abkarino said:
wes11ph said:
first install HBC
before you exit the homebrew channel use ARC 1.1b MOD6 with Korean support.
region change it to US..

I had modded and region changed about 250 Korean Wii to USA Version till now without any fail.
All you have to do is what wes11ph said but just alter some steps

1)use bannerbomb to install HBC or to launch a wad manager or any hombebrew launchers like loadmii, or you can just launch MMM i prefer this All-In-One tool.
2)if your Korean Wii hadn't been softmodded yet you have to downgrade IOS36 before you can install CIOS or run ARC. (use MMM for this it's done automatically just use the option to Downgrade and Patch IOS36.)
3)remove all installed stubs (there is another option in MMM to do that just choose it)
4)select wad manager and install CIOS70 from CIOSCrop package or get it from any where else.
5)launch Any Region Changer Offline V1.1b MOD 6.0 (ARC V1.1b Offline MOD 6.0) and just go to the second options category and select USA as your region it will select all other required options and select Save then exit to system menu (do not forget to do save before exit and don't play with other settings
wink.gif
).
6)now install System Menu 4.2 USA using wad manager and you will get a English System Menu now
wink.gif

7)install PriiLoader for brick protection if you want also to enable Region Free for System Menu and others.

Hope this will help you.

In step 6 you say to install SM 4.2 U. Where do I obtain this? NUS updater?

apedra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to say that I followed Abkarino's advice and everything worked brilliantly! Thanks so much for the help.

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
hope someone will make a sticky guide on region changing wii.

its good for those who owns a korean or a japanese wii who want to change to US firmware.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
stingray1059 said:
hope someone will make a sticky guide on region changing wii.

its good for those who owns a korean or a japanese wii who want to change to US firmware.
I'd understand region changing Korean Wii consoles, but I don't see the point in doing a Japanese Wii region change...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse