Reggie Fils-Aimé explains how Nintendo will not repeat Wii U mistakes for the NX

2486879-reggie.jpg

In an exclusive interview with [a]listdaily yesterday, Reggie Fils-Aimé, the CEO of Nintendo of America, explained that Nintendo needs to improve their communication of "the positioning" of the NX during its launch, going on to say how they need to do a better job helping people understand the "uniqueness" of the system and what it means for "the game-playing experience".

Furthermore, Fils-Aimé goes on to say how the NX needs to have a "continuous beat" of games for the system, which would create the urge to motivate "more and more people to pick up the hardware."

"We always do our breakdown of what worked, what didn’t, and certainly we’ve done that with Wii U, and we continue to believe that the innovation of the second screen was a worthwhile concept...... when we launch the NX—we have to do a better job communicating the positioning for the product. We have to do a better job helping people to understand its uniqueness and what that means for the game playing experience." ~ Reggie Fils-Aimé

The NX is still yet to be unveiled by Nintendo, however it is said to be a home-console/portable with datachable controllers.

:arrow: Source (main interview with Reggie himself)

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo wouldn't even buy a license for the DVD and BluRay standards when they were all the rage and reinvented the wheel instead for no reason, do you really think they'd pay for a streaming license?
The DC also had a successful launch, so it has that going for it, beyond the obvious "having some third-party support".
Tegra comes with streaming capabilities so yeah.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Curious. I have obviously seen people not care for an artist after a distasteful act but I have not seen this for a game developer, much less just a team member.
If it affects the game's story and etc then that's something to consider.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the...