ReGBA v1.45, Gameboy Advance Emulator for GCW Zero

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by VatoLoco, Nov 5, 2013.

1. VatoLoco
    OP

VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Ya Cant Get There From Here
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Project Page

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Spooky cute.

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I am running it on my Dingoo right now! It's running amazingly! :grog:

3. Nebuleon

Nebuleon MAH BOI/GURL

Dec 22, 2012
    Canada
    It may be worth noting that the version for the GCW Zero also compiles for the Dingoo A320 running OpenDingux, although I do not maintain that version. On the Dingoo A320, ReGBA suffers from the lack of multiple optimisations I could apply to the GCW Zero:

* Reading in a whole ROM, even if it's 32 MiB. The Dingoo A320 has 32 MiB of RAM, some of which is in use by OpenDingux, ReGBA, its compiled code cache and the GBA emulation state (about 1 MiB), so it loads on demand from the card and requires swap space.
    * The SYNCI instruction, which allows user-mode programs to force the CPU to re-read some instructions without the need to call the kernel, is not present. The Dingoo A320 constantly enters and exits kernel-mode instead, which slows down Golden Suns, Dooms, Mario Golf & Tennis, Duke Nukem Advance and a few other games.
    * Extended bit-twiddling instructions which reduce the time taken for some essential calculations.

It's still much better than on the DSTwo, though. Many simpler games can actually reach 60 FPS on the Dingoo A320.

I am pretty proud of this release, and of the open-source BIOS by Normmatt derived from VBA-M which makes it entirely legal to distribute an emulator that you can download and use right away.