reGBA, NEW Gameboy Advance Emulator for GCW Zero

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
100971-gcw.png

As mentioned earlier this week, Nebuleon, along with pcercuei and JohnnyonFlame, have been working on a Gameboy Advance emulator for the GCW Zero. Well now the first alpha of reGBA is available to try out, but please remember that it is still in the early stages of development. This release is focused on the Zero, but newer builds may include a Dingoo, and (if we're lucky) perhaps even a DStwo version. See below for the list of current features.

Current Features (09/08/13) said:
Features present in this build:
  • Loading ROMs, both uncompressed and compressed in zip format.
  • Synchronised video. Scaled to full screen by one of pcercuei's scalers.
  • Almost synchronised audio.
  • In-game saving (but no saved states).
  • Input from GCW Zero buttons (but not the analog nub). Exit to the menu with X+Y. Press Y on its own for rapid-fire A; X on its own for rapid-fire B.
  • Bundled game_config.txt for greater compatibility, as well as overrides in /boot/local/home/.gpsp/game_config.txt.
  • Bundled open-source GBA BIOS replacement by Normmatt, as well as the ability to drop the Nintendo GBA BIOS in /boot/local/home/.gpsp/gba_bios.bin.

Features not present in this build:
  • There is no menu. Consequently, there are no cheats, no saved states, and no way to stop the screen scaling if you don't want it.
  • This build never skips a frame, which is only a problem in maybe 1 or 2 games.
  • There is no fast-forwarding and rewinding.
  • There are no hotkeys to quickly launch the 3 previous features.
  • There is no button remapping

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Project Page

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice work so far. I wonder, is Normatt's replacement GBA BIOS compatible enough to be used with other emulators such as TempGBA or even Android/Windows GBA emulators?

P

pasc

Ah nice... ! Those GBA Shooters are fun.

Stilll play some Duke, Ecks vs Sever 1/2 (where my bro enjoys the dog way tooo much) and Ice Nine from time to time.

What those guys back then didn't have in graphical horsepower they made up for in innovative and fun gameplay...

Wonder how these play with 4players.

This GCW looks mighty delicious I gotta say.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice work so far. I wonder, is Normatt's replacement GBA BIOS compatible enough to be used with other emulators such as TempGBA or even Android/Windows GBA emulators?
I believe Normmatt tested his BIOS versions on gpSP/PC, no$gba and VBA-M. It should be compatible with plenty of stuff. However, it is missing some BIOS calls that are required, according to him, by about 6 games. I don't know if he wants to make a standalone release of his BIOS until he's done with that.

(It's the Nintendo sound driver stuff.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)