Regarding Wii firmware 3.0e and 3.10e -PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TheOne1, Nov 23, 2007.

1. TheOne1
    OP

Newcomer TheOne1 Member

Sweden
    Hi!
    I have a PAL Wii with firmware 3.0e the latest update is 3.10e(?)(ive heard).

1- Should i update? If yes- Why?

2- If you have WiiKey with 1.9g BETA HOTFIX and update could something go wrong - perhaps Brick the Wii?

3- Are there games that require a specific Wii firmware?

4- If so shouldnt "WiiBrickBlocker" take care of that?

Please help!

Thanks guys!

2. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    latest thru the internet is always fine to do. And yes many games need at least a certain firmware, mario needs the absolute latest for example and that's always fine, but always try to update thru the internet or if you must thru a game of your OWN region. If you update from another region you could brick. And for the rest, do a search.

3. TheOne1
    OP

Newcomer TheOne1 Member

Sweden

So they wont find out that you are perhaps using the WiiKey chip and brick the system?

So basically i wait for a new game and shold the game recuire a newer version of Wii firmware than i have it simply updates the system by it self? - as long as i upgrade from my ogn region eg. NTSC PAL and so on...?????

4. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    no they won't detect anything. But to be safe, when a new firmware comes out, read this forum about what it does before updating. When they say it's safe here, update thru the internet.