Gaming Regarding Water Temple in Ocarina Of Time.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well today afternoon (night here now as I post this) I reached the most talked about temple in the zelda series
note: I haven't played OoT on N64 EVER, this was and is my first outing on OoT

Ok so I started the temple and had goosebumps, it's so well designed and by far the most exciting temple I've come across in a zelda game. I finished it without any problem whatsoever, so my question is

What was so difficult about water temple in the first place?? I haven't played the original so idk if something was altered or not. I just wanna know what is all the fuss about this temple being difficult? I loved it.

hobo33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never played the original either, but a friend of mine was very vocal about his hatred for the water temple. From what I understand in the original version you weren't able to map the iron boots to the C-buttons or anything (like in this one I had it on the x button) so it was a real pain in the ass to keep pausing the game to equip/unequip the iron boots.

So really it wasn't necessarily difficult, just long, tedious and annoying. That's what I got out of my conversation with my buddy anyway.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dark Langin said:
First off there were no colors to help you to get the temple's water level lower, the already mentioned Iron Boots.
I see, the Iron Boots part does sound annoying.

D

Deleted User

All of the textures were bland, and you had to keep switching to iron boots ( took about 5-7 secs each time you swapped them on and off.

In this version the clearer water and textures make it so much easier to navigate, the water temple wasn't really hard, more annoying and confusing than anything else.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I do remember stopping playing OoT on N64 at the Water Temple, because of how annoying it was. Can't remember the details though, just that it was really frustrating.

Completed it yesterday on OoT3D
smileipb2.png

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It wasn't hard, it was annoying.

You had to be constantly opening the menu to equip and unequip the boots, plus you were bound to miss some rooms so you had to go to the water level changer again to find that key you missed.

It was an annoying dungeon, that's why it's so hated, but people just say they hate it so other people assume it's because it's hard, and the word spreads.

XAlexBlitz209X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well there was also this room where you had to raise the water level and a platform would rise up and you would have to go under that platform and get a key.If you forgot that then you we're probably confused and fucked the whole way.lol

snake2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the big problem with the water temple was not that it was too hard just that you could not map the iron boots to a button you had to pause the game scroll through the menus and select the iron or regular boot, big pain in the ass I am glad they made the boots a regular item

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got stuck because I stopped playing after getting the Longshot, before going to the time block behind the chest.

TIME BLOCK BEHIND THE CHEST YOU SAVED AND QUIT AFTER OPENING TROLOLOLOLOLOL

It took me another year to beat that one temple because of it.

Also so much of that temple looks the exact goddamn same.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never got to finish OoT when I was little, my N64 was stolen, so I replayed it in 2007 on a PC emu and I have to say, that playing such an old game playing game when your already used to so many new thing, the Water Temple was annoying as hell, I got down to the boss key and 2 silver keys missing and referred to guide, only to find out what I missed was so simple.
Forgot to bomb the wall after rising the water to the 2nd level

Sadly, I made the same mistake again playing OoT3D @_@

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SamAsh07 said:
Well today afternoon (night here now as I post this) I reached the most talked about temple in the zelda series
note: I haven't played OoT on N64 EVER, this was and is my first outing on OoT

Ok so I started the temple and had goosebumps, it's so well designed and by far the most exciting temple I've come across in a zelda game. I finished it without any problem whatsoever, so my question is

What was so difficult about water temple in the first place?? I haven't played the original so idk if something was altered or not. I just wanna know what is all the fuss about this temple being difficult? I loved it.
When you're a little kid like less than 10 AND when you don't know how a dungeon works(i.e not using the map), it can get pretty difficult and a-n-n-o-y-i-n-g.
When you do the second quest, the water temple will be the easiest one, the others will be harder, especially the Fire Temple.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
It wasn't hard, it was annoying.

You had to be constantly opening the menu to equip and unequip the boots, plus you were bound to miss some rooms so you had to go to the water level changer again to find that key you missed.

It was an annoying dungeon, that's why it's so hated, but people just say they hate it so other people assume it's because it's hard, and the word spreads.
This. I didn't find it difficult so much as annoying.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't hard, it was annoying. I beat it last night. Also missed a few keys so had to go back and change water levels and crap. But other then that its kinda easy and not much to kill u either.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't so much as hard as it was annoying as others have stated before. I know once I screwed up majorly and used the keys on the wrong doors, resulting on it being impossible to finish as I was completely out of keys. I heard they fixed it in this version, but I had to start the entire game over. Rather annoyed about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse