GCN Regarding the region switch mod

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,490
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
If I used the region switch mod on a Japanese GameCube to make it play US games, would the US freeloader disc work or would the stuff freeloader has to bypass be different on a region switched jp console than a non region switched us console?

Someone please help. I want to get a Japanese console since they're cheaper on ebay and are usually in better quality but I can't find the japanese freloader.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Freeloader was released in Japan.
Action Replay exists, but I'm not sure whether it has this feature.

A Japanese GameCube switched to us region should be able to use the us Freeloader.

Note NTSC systems need the component cable to display color in 50hz-only games. Far cheaper to just buy a PAL console for PAL games.
(I tried composite on a modchipped us console with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, it played black and white)

D

Deleted User

OP
Note NTSC systems need the component cable to display color in 50hz-only games. Far cheaper to just buy a PAL console for PAL games.
(I tried composite on a modchipped us console with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, it played black and white)
I ordered one from codejunkies the other day and I'm concerned by this as I think 1 or 2 of my games are 50Hz only. It the issue exclusive to North American/Japanese TVs? I know that my NTSC games are black in white on some old PAL TVs that support PAL60

D

Deleted User

OP
Well, my digital TVs seem to accept any signal and all GC games I currently own that I care about all have 60 Hz modes. So regardless of whether it's a TV or GC issue I should be fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte