Homebrew Regarding SUDOKUHAX and the Old eShop spoof...

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I know that I might be 100% completely wrong with this, but I haven't seen anybody bring this up at all. I know that Sudokuhax is possible to run on a non kernel exploited 3DS, meaning the person must have bought Sudoku before the game was patched and still have the exploitable version, (there's 2 videos of somebody running Sudokuhax on 9.9 sysnand on YouTube.) but since Smea recently released a way of downloading old versions of eShop games through *hax 2.5, does this also mean the original exploitable version of Sudoku can be downloaded again (Sudoku is still up on the eShop) and possibly mean we can run Sudokuhax again and enjoy (very limited) DSi homebrew? (Even a big fat "No." will be enough to answer my question, since I'm sure I'm wrong about this, but curious to know.)

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that Sudokuhax is possible to run on a non kernel exploited 3DS, meaning the person must have bought Sudoku before the game was patched and still have the exploitable version, (there's 2 videos of somebody running Sudokuhax on 9.9 sysnand on YouTube.)
really? show me. I thought the exploit was released, pulled, and patched before the 3DS was actually released.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not possible. While yes, it will run on 9.3+ sysnand, it requires 9.2 or below to install.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

really? show me. I thought the exploit was released, pulled, and patched before the 3DS was actually released.
It works on the 3DS.

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Okay I'm back after doing a bit more research (time for me to be wrong about things again). Sudokuhax was released a month before the 3DS's launch (probably meaning the one on the "Old eShop" is still the patched version), BUT the two other exploitable DSiware games that are still available on the eShop (Fieldrunners and Legends of Exidia) had their exploits released in August 2011, but they're pricier games (so it's a little riskier to pay £5 for a version of the game that probably can't be used for DSi homebrew). So is there a chance that the original versions of these 2 games can still obtainable from the "Old eShop"?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always had this one question about sudokuhax and the mset exploit. If it loads nds files, why can't it load ds roms. I understand that ds roms cannot be run on any firmware without a flashcart, but i'm not sure exactly why, and is there any advantage to use sudokuhax anyway over menuhax and CFW?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1