Regarding SUDOKUHAX and the Old eShop spoof...

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Bubsy Bobcat, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Bubsy Bobcat
    OP

Bubsy Bobcat sipp

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    I know that I might be 100% completely wrong with this, but I haven't seen anybody bring this up at all. I know that Sudokuhax is possible to run on a non kernel exploited 3DS, meaning the person must have bought Sudoku before the game was patched and still have the exploitable version, (there's 2 videos of somebody running Sudokuhax on 9.9 sysnand on YouTube.) but since Smea recently released a way of downloading old versions of eShop games through *hax 2.5, does this also mean the original exploitable version of Sudoku can be downloaded again (Sudoku is still up on the eShop) and possibly mean we can run Sudokuhax again and enjoy (very limited) DSi homebrew? (Even a big fat "No." will be enough to answer my question, since I'm sure I'm wrong about this, but curious to know.)

2. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    really? show me. I thought the exploit was released, pulled, and patched before the 3DS was actually released.

3. MassExplosion213

MassExplosion213 .

Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    Still not possible. While yes, it will run on 9.3+ sysnand, it requires 9.2 or below to install.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It works on the 3DS.

4. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    I never said it didn't work on 3DS (I know it does), but I wanted to see how people got it on 9.3+ sysnand.

5. MassExplosion213

MassExplosion213 .

Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    Install it and then update.

6. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    yes, you just mentioned that

anyway, I should go try this out with a different DSiWare that got an update, just to see if it'd work. if I can think of anything...

7. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    The University of Shitpostology
    I have Sudokuhax on my N3DS.

Games&Stuff and Bubsy Bobcat like this.
  8. Bubsy Bobcat
    OP

Bubsy Bobcat sipp

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Okay I'm back after doing a bit more research (time for me to be wrong about things again). Sudokuhax was released a month before the 3DS's launch (probably meaning the one on the "Old eShop" is still the patched version), BUT the two other exploitable DSiware games that are still available on the eShop (Fieldrunners and Legends of Exidia) had their exploits released in August 2011, but they're pricier games (so it's a little riskier to pay £5 for a version of the game that probably can't be used for DSi homebrew). So is there a chance that the original versions of these 2 games can still obtainable from the "Old eShop"?

9. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    The University of Shitpostology
  10. DarkRioru

DarkRioru Dream Beeeeeaaaammmm!!!

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    looking up at the stars
    how do I get the fat partition for sudokuhax?

11. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    is there a sudohax launcher since im on cfw so i don't need to installl that game to do it

12. Thunder Hawk
    This message by Thunder Hawk has been removed from public view by Minox, Feb 25, 2016, Reason: Offtopic.
    Feb 25, 2016
  13. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    I've always had this one question about sudokuhax and the mset exploit. If it loads nds files, why can't it load ds roms. I understand that ds roms cannot be run on any firmware without a flashcart, but i'm not sure exactly why, and is there any advantage to use sudokuhax anyway over menuhax and CFW?