Gaming regarding metroid prime 3

coilnovaswarm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
greetings, i hope someone can shed some light..

I am living in china, cant speak/read JP.
I have a modded wii(i believe wiikey,tho im not 100% sure), running on 3.0J fw and a bootleg copy of metroid prime 3 (US).(non-brickblocked)

First of all, If i insert it, will i get a semi-brick? (opera error/no settings menu/no internet)

also what does having the multiple channels mean? does having multiple channel mean semi-bricking?
I've heard of the plug-pulling technique but i am a bit reluctant to try it. If having multiple channels doesnt mean semi-bricking, i think i can live with having duplicate channels, so long as i can still connect to the internet and have my settings. i've experienced having a bricked wii before(i returned the wii to the store), and i cant let that happen again.

i want to play metroid prime 3 in english, pls some advice on what to do? thanks. answers very appreciated.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Afaik semi-brick means you cannot access the Wii system settings. Double channels are harmless, and you can get rid of the with Dual Channel Remover v2.

The only thing you should always do before playing other region games is updating your Wii to the current firmware version.

And now have fun with the greatness that MP3 is
wink.gif

coilnovaswarm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
wow thanks thats a load off my mind, now i can play. ill try it later thanks again. also, is it the same for super smash brothers brawl? is it ok for me to just insert it? thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs