Seriel

Doing her best
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there!

Currently, when a member is banned, their profile and avatar is deleted. I like the whole deleting avatar idea, not many forums have that.
My question is, is it possible for their signatures to be removed too?

Apologies if this is a bad idea for a thread, feel free to close it or w/e.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it coud be a "filter" (like Facebook stuff" that shows the avatar but with the " banned" on it hahah
well idk, why do you want the signature removed as well?

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To be frank, I don't see why we need that. The only time I would see that being useful is if the sig is offensive but proper action would already have been taken prior to the banning anyway.

Reactions: Jekuma and Sliter

Jekuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh... I don't see the need for it really. I find it unnecessary to do and like what Porkie said: It should only be done if the sig was found to be offensive. I also don't get why removing one's avatar when they were banned a good thing as well....

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Although there's not a problem with this, sure it can happen; but it can also be pointless. The banned user won't be posting again, threads either move on in posts and pages; or they just die out, which contains posts of a banned user. You won't be seeing the post or signature again after threads go through their natural courses.

Reactions: Jekuma

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if anything they should remove the signature and avatar and not delete the option for people to view profiles.

For the sole reason of tracking posts/threads. I mean when you know *banned person* has posted in a thread you are looking for but cant find or dont know the title you cant really go on their profile history.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if anything they should remove the signature and avatar and not delete the option for people to view profiles.

For the sole reason of tracking posts/threads. I mean when you know *banned person* has posted in a thread you are looking for but cant find or dont know the title you cant really go on their profile history.
you can still search for said user's posts via the forum search function (name must be typed in manually as banned members won't come up in auto suggest)
as you can see here, one the the recent banned members http://gbatemp.net/search/24326055/

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
You can avoid their signatures by just putting them on ignore. Yes, ignore even works after a member is banned.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
If there's anything I'd like changed about that system its that their profiles become unavailable. I like viewing the shit they posted beforehand
Same here haha

Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

I fully agree with this. Had this issue a couple times myself.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can avoid their signatures by just putting them on ignore. Yes, ignore even works after a member is banned.
I havent used the ignore feature for a long while on Xen, but AFAIK, it doesn't work the way I would expect it to. You have seen posts that get removed by a mod right? With our old software (RIP IPB 2002-2012) the ignore function would condense ignored user posts to something that looked like that. As a mod, you can open up and look at ignored posts with a few clicks.

When I used the Xen ignore feature, it just removed posts completely, no trace of the poster at all, which mentally messed with me. I would enter a thread with no OP or people talking to themselves. So I can see why someone might not want to ignore someone anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM