refurbished DS lite from gamestop not reading any flashcarts

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by B2K24, Dec 26, 2011.

1. B2K24
    OP

Newcomer B2K24 Member

United States
    I have currently a white DS lite and a DSi XL that reads my original R4 and 2 different Acekard2i's just fine, so I thought what the hell, I was gonna give my cousin 1 of the Acekards for a Christmas. Well his is a red refurbished DS lite from gamestop and it won't read any of the 3 flash carts I have when my other units read them with 0 problems at all. How exactly might I fix this? I'm borrowing it for 1 week and hope I can resolve this problem, so he can be playing.

2. eggsample

Member eggsample punahussy

Poland
    Please be more specyfic. This DSL can't see any flashards or some bootloader info appears when flshcard is in it?

3. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    It could be a contact issue. Perhaps the refurbished DSL has a Slot-1 that's shaped differently than yours? Try the paper trick.

4. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    If it's red, it's most likely a regular DSi system. Red DS Lite system was only a limited edition release. (unless it's the red and black system?)

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    you'll need to start debugging by trying a retail game cart. flash kits are made from cheap parts and many have contact issues on various ds systems, although not the same systems with the same cards. what i mean is that i have ak2is that work great on my lite, great on another xl, but have contact issues on my xl. then i have cards that work great on all systems. all retail cards work on all systems as well. this means that the issue is with the flash kits and not the units.

you should consider trying a paper trick if you confirm that retail game cards work on the referb ds unit.

if the slot is the problem then you will need to replace it. if you are not comfortable taking apart a ds then i would suggest your friend returns the unit for an exchange.

good luck
    -another world

6. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    its refurbished what would you expect?

7. Cartmanuk

Member Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I had this issue recently.

I had a DS Lite that would read normal games fine but when i inserted a R4 it wouldn't read.

The fault was simple some of the pins in slot-1 had been bent

[​IMG]
    There are 18 contact points on the game cartridge.

Points 1 & 18 draw power

On a R4 the power is taken from 1&18 for game info.(Bootloader)
    But unlike a normal game cart a R4 or similar take power for the micro sd from a different point and on my ds pins 5&6 were bent.

Acekard are known to suffer from contact issues so try the paper trick if this doesn't work then I suggest changing the slot1.

1 person likes this.
  8. B2K24
    OP

Newcomer B2K24 Member

United States
    Thanks guys for the help.
    It is a DS lite because you have to flip the power switch back and forth as it doesn't have a button for power.
    I have confirmed a real game cart works and boots fine, but when I try the 3 different flashcarts I have I get the white menu of no ds game inserted or cart inserted. It's the same as turing it on with nothing inserted.

@cartmanuk, if you have bent pins on the slot 1 how did you fix it?
    I guess I have to try paper crap to make this work.

9. B2K24
    OP

Newcomer B2K24 Member

United States
    bhahahahha business card under the pcb works. What crap lol haha

10. AceWarhead

Member AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

United States
    What?
    Anyways, I've had this problem, the DS pins were bent, but it could read regular DS games.