Hacking Refurbished 3DS XL Firmware?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that Gateway can downgrade a 3DS or 3DS XL to 4.x firmware, I was wondering if anyone's ordered one of the refurbished 3DS XL consoles from Nintendo's online store recently and can tell me what firmware they came with.

Unless they update them before sending, it's unlikely it would be on 9.3 or 9.4, but you never know.

The price for one of these is pretty good.
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...lse&productId=prod210012&categoryId=cat160011

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My refurbished 2DS arrived Jan 2nd with 8.1 on it. I have a refurbished 3DS XL and a refurbished 3DS that will arrive this week. I will report back with what they have installed. I don't expect them to open the current stock up just to update them to 9.4. I think all refurbs will be older firmware for a couple months. Heck, even my refurbished Wii U purchased around Thanksgiving came with older firmware 4.x

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, nice to know.

I found a person selling an unused (they opened it but hadn't even completed the initial setup) XL on Craigslist for around the same price. I figure that's probably a better option anyway. It's a black/black one like on Nintendo's site.

I assume my chances are pretty good that it will not have 9.3 or 9.4? For that matter, has anyone seen any XLs that had >9.2 out of the box?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, nice to know.

I found a person selling an unused (they opened it but hadn't even completed the initial setup) XL on Craigslist for around the same price. I figure that's probably a better option anyway. It's a black/black one like on Nintendo's site.

I assume my chances are pretty good that it will not have 9.3 or 9.4? For that matter, has anyone seen any XLs that had >9.2 out of the box?
they would have cut production when they started manufacturing the new 3ds you wont find one above 8.1.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they would have cut production when they started manufacturing the new 3ds you wont find one above 8.1.

Sweet. Already got a purchase lined up then... black/black 3DS XL and a copy of Super Smash Bros (cartridge version, he said he never actually used the 3DS) for $150 total... I can easily sell SSB for more than $10 so that matches Nintendo's price and it's not even refurbished :D

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my refurbished 3DS XL and refurbished 3DS arrived today directly from Nintendo's Online Store. The 3DS XL had 8.1 (downgraded to 4.2) and the 3DS has 4.3.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of ordering a refurbished 3DS from Nintendo

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my refurbished 3DS XL and refurbished 3DS arrived today directly from Nintendo's Online Store. The 3DS XL had 8.1 (downgraded to 4.2) and the 3DS has 4.3.

I'm thinking hard right now on whether I should or not. Just got a raise and waiting to do my taxes, I already know I have to pay this yr.

Uncle_Iroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hmm... currently the regular 3DS isn't even available...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.