Refurb Wii U on sale for $200 at Nintendo.com

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by osirisjem, Mar 8, 2014.

1. osirisjem
    OP

osirisjem Wii U: Y U No Sell ?

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    The Wii U Deluxe Set is now available as an Authentic Nintendo Refurbished set only from Nintendo, and it comes with our standard one year warranty. Although it may have minor cosmetic blemishes, it is guaranteed to be fully functional. We think you will find the standards for Authentic Nintendo Refurbished Products are VERY high.

This refurbished Wii U Deluxe Set includes everything you need to start playing right out of the box.

Included in the set:

Wii U console (Black/32GB Internal Storage*)
    Wii U GamePad (Black)
    Nintendo Land game disc
    Wii U AC Adapter
    Wii U GamePad AC Adapter
    High Speed HDMI Cable
    Sensor Bar
    Eligible for Deluxe Digital Promotion.

Wii Remote+ Controllers not included

https://store.nintendo.com/webapp/w...atalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=70706

Is that a good idea ... selling a Wii U with no Wii Remote ? Probably is ... seems like they are targeting people who have Wiis and Wii Remotes.

EDIT: Note: Wii Us don't even come with a remote !

2. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Please remove source formatting with the white eraser tool next to font options in the edit tools to help us dark theme users B-)

Does the standard version of the Wii U come with a remote? Would it be needed? :unsure:

gamefan5 and kehkou like this.
  3. matt1tude

matt1tude GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2012
    Crewe, UK
    Even Wii U's don't come with remotes anyway. It is pointless to sell a refurb with a sensor bar with no remote.

4. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

GBAtemp Patron
    Devin is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus

I'm not sure why it's a shock that it doesn't. The Wii U doesn't come with a Wii remote to start with. It'd be nice if they included one however because NintendoLand is a local multiplayer based game and is more fun with more people. They're basically just selling used Wii U systems. Everything that'd be included if you bought the Wii U new at a store minus the boxing/manuals I'd imagine.

gamefan5 and Qtis like this.
  5. osirisjem
    OP

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    Ouch.
    Didn't know that.

The reason the Wii was successful was the Wiimote controller.
    And it doesn't even come with the Wii U ?
    Nintendoomed.

6. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Did Nintendo ever sell refurbs in the past? IIRC it never did, so it looks like they're trying to cut on losses reducing production.

Huh, doesn't look good for the WiiU. I hope Nintendo is already working on a next-gen console :(

7. tvoretz

tvoretz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2011
    United States
    They've been selling refurb 3DSes for a while. I guess they've just built up a stockpile of enough warranty-returned WiiUs to begin selling them.

8. RchUncleSkeleton

RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    California, USA
    A decent deal if you don't want to screw around with ebay and want to still have the warranty on the system. But is $50 really enough of a discount for a refurb system? I'd say it's enough of one to justify a purchase, that gives you $50 you could spend on a game/games.

And no the Wii U does not come with a Wii Remote, but it does come with the sensor bar because who really wants to have to buy a sensor bar in addition to the Wii Remote.

Nintendo is also offering refurb Wii Remote Plus/Nunchucks for $20 a set.
    If you plan on picking up a Wii U on this deal you might wanna throw 1 or 2 of those on as well.

9. osirisjem
    OP

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    Good tip !

refurb.nintendo.items.jpg

Nintendo should be shot for these
    URLs.
    Code:
    https://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&langId=-1&currency=USD&ignoreCrumbs=Y&crumb1=&crumb1Ignore=&crumb2=&crumb2Ignore=&crumb3=&crumb3Ignore=&translateFrom=%C3%88%C3%89%C3%87&translateTo=EEC&usrSearchText=&searchText=&selSrchType=&page=&view=&productId=211209&categoryId=70706&lastAction=CategoryDisplay
    https://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&langId=-1&currency=USD&ignoreCrumbs=Y&crumb1=&crumb1Ignore=&crumb2=&crumb2Ignore=&crumb3=&crumb3Ignore=&translateFrom=ÈÉÇ&translateTo=EEC&usrSearchText=&searchText=&selSrchType=&page=&view=&productId=211209&categoryId=70706&lastAction=CategoryDisplay

10. Bat420maN

Bat420maN GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Fresno
    Hell, I think I am gonna order some new(used) wii-motes. Better them getting the cash then Gamestop.

11. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    I should have waited.

12. matt1tude

matt1tude GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2012
    Crewe, UK
    The reason is they think everybody who buys a Wii U should have a Wii anyway, therefore will already have the remotes.