Reformatting SD cards and Hard Drives after HomeBrew and cIOS installed

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Krystoph, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Krystoph
    OP

Krystoph Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2014
    United States
    Bradley, Illinois
    First time poster, first time modding my Wii. I finally decided to start adding Emulators and programs to help me back up my Wii discs with only a 4GB SDHC card. Haven't had any problems until last night after I found Dios-Mios d2x cIOS installer and YAWMM. Now when I switch over my SD card to the computer the computer is unable to recognize the card for me to start putting new files on it.
    I am wondering which, if any, of these programs stopped my computer from exploring the contents of the card, and if reformatting the card for a fresh start to FAT32 would at all damage my Wii? If my understanding is correct, Homebrew BootMII and cIOS are installed onto the actual Wii itself with the other programs being on the SD card. I plan on getting an external in the upcoming week specifically for backups and getting a bigger SD card for Emulation and other programs not needed for my Wii/GC backups. I did mess around with the setting on m WiiSX to enable the playback of Playstation 1 games, could that be a culprit as well?
    I'm sorry if the answer to my question is painfully obvious, just trying to ensure the safety of my hardware.
    Thanks in advamce for your time and I look forward to being a new part of these forums for all my current and future modding needs.