Hacking Reflash Xbox 360 drive

miguelcobain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just dump the keys and spoof it to a stock firmware.
Flash the drive and put it back in the 360, update it and then take the drive out, spoof your keys to LT+ 3.0 and flash that to the drive.

This makes a lot of sense.

However, since I would be flashing stock firmware, wouldn't I lose the ability to reflash it afterwards?
Oh, or do you mean I should *spoof* to stock, not actually flash stock, right?

Would I still have the "back door" to flash it without additional hardware?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I remember, the system is reflashed anyway. I don't know if it would put you up for a ban if cfw was detected, but I could've sworn that the update will reflash the system itself. however, some people have reported that the update either failed or the flashed drive would get stuck if installing that firmware or newer.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Only way to lose the ability to flash the drive is having one of the rare ish Slim drives that where factory unlocked before the 13599 update.

Simply put, all phats have permanent R/W on the drive's flashchip.
You can always flash firmwares on those drives.

Reverting to stock and updating the console won't lose the ability to reflash later.
Only difference between pre-13599 and post-13599 DVD firmwares is the software revision, all Phat Liteons will have the 02510c firmware.
LT 3.0 is based on the 02510c firmware.

miguelcobain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can always flash firmwares on those drives.

I think the big question is if I will lose the ability to flash without special hardware.
It seems that at the moment I might be able to flash directly by plugging the drive to pc sata (I have yet to make JF running to properly test that one).

At least that is what I understand from this part of the Jungle Flasher guide:

capture-png.247087

I was trying to avoid losing that opportunity.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Treating the drive as stock, theoretically you shouldn't.
Direct SATA and vendor mode, pretty sure you do.

I've honestly never attempted to flash drives on onboard SATA chipsets, always used specialized hardware for it.
Far easier but then again I flashed hundreds of drives over the years ;p

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish you were near by OP, I have a X360USBPro sitting here collecting dust you could use, but don't want to get rid of it....Def suggest just buying one, will save you alot of headaches....and thanks for helping him guys, much love!

miguelcobain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Treating the drive as stock, theoretically you shouldn't.

Well, according to JF guide, it seems like you do need a probe for drives that are not 83850c v1 firmware, which is my case, right?
To answer my own question, if I can get hold of the drive keys, then I will always be able to flash the drive. Is this statement correct?

I've honestly never attempted to flash drives on onboard SATA chipsets, always used specialized hardware for it.

Not going that route just yet, but would the following X360 USB from AliExpress do the trick?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yep, if you got your drive keys, you can even flash them to a replacement drive.
Only the CPU key is more valuable then the DVD key haha.

Probe is only needed to extract the key.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP, I forgot to mention this, but for all your troubles, and you having to potentially order stuff, you might as well put a RGH2/ Jtag/ Mod chip inside that thing, it does require some soldering skills, but sooo much better in the long run. No more buying and burning of DVD's, can play games from an external HD/ USB thumb drive, run homebrew/ emulators, etc. Just a thought , and my opinion. Mod kits would cost about the same, if not cheaper as it would cost you ordering a Xbox360pro and a probe. Ok good luck.

miguelcobain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, having it homebrew enabled would be so great to have.

If I ever come to a point to buy additional hardware, I'll definitely consider that. Thanks for bringing that up.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't sign in to xbox live unless you try that one plugin, which must be compiled with visual studio and the xdk yourself. I think the reason it's not compiled on github is that I think microsoft owns that site now, and I'm sure they'd remove it.

Spandaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if the 7 series was updated via dash update its still same hardware, I haven't flashed a drive drive since win7 64bit, if it is cfw, 1.6 unlock command will work using jungle flasher. Don't forget about early ixtreme boot disc, (activate. Iso)

I remember being told 10 years ago it was impossible to flash on win 7 64 bit lol

Last edited by Spandaman,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp