Hardware Reducing the SD-Cards Block Size leads to faster Rom-Loading Times?

AkiraX3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it true that reducing the Block Size while/before full formatting the SD Card leads to faster Rom Loading times?

Example:

Ladezeiten_verkuerzen3.png

Does this Work or is it a Myth?
What do you guy´s think?

Normally i use SD Formatter with Auto Adjust + Full-Format.
Myth or what?
https://psxtools.de/index.php/Threa...n-verkürzen-Speedup/?postID=617502#post617502

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are ROM loading times so bad that they need improvement? The only game that loads slow for me is Smash, and I assume that's because it's a resource hog.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It formatted with SD formatter will give better performance than anything you could do under MS's formatting tool. The difference is fairly negligible either way, though. If you really want the squeeze out better performance, just use the SD formatter. Also, it's generally larger cluster sizes that give better performance, at the cost of a bit of space.

My only source is my own testing. I did some extensive testing involving FAT16/FAT32, various SD/SDHC cards, different cluster sizes, and MS's built in software against the SD formatter.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh the return of a urban legend, their are many debates about if cluster size (for any device) actually improves speed. And the answer is it depends on the device, hard to say what is the "perfect" cluster size. In my opinion it's best to leave it on default unless otherwise specified. Like in some cases like Nintendont needing 32 cluster size

But having a class 10 SD always helps

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is it true that reducing the Block Size while/before full formatting the SD Card leads to faster Rom Loading times?

Example:

Ladezeiten_verkuerzen3.png

Does this Work or is it a Myth?
What do you guy´s think?

Normally i use SD Formatter with Auto Adjust + Full-Format.
Myth or what?
https://psxtools.de/index.php/Threa...n-verkürzen-Speedup/?postID=617502#post617502

On the DS, large cluster size improved speed, which might work for GW too. It depends on how the card is being read I guess. I don't really see how making it smaller can improve speed though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it