Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Im on luma part 3 redNAND thing. Im stuck help please

1. Open TinyFormat
  2. Press Y to format your SysNAND (Don't worry, everything is still saved on RedNAND)
  3. Go through initial setup without linking your Nintendo Network ID, you want it to remain linked only to RedNAND to prevent issues
  4. Reinstall menuhax on SysNAND as the format will have removed it
  5. Boot RedNAND
  6. Open System Settings
  7. If you do not see "Emu" in front of the version number, then you are not on RedNAND. DO NOT UPDATE, FIND WHAT WENT WRONG
  8. Update your RedNAND to the latest version using system settings (Once you exit System Settings / SD Card Management you will be returned to SysNAND, make sure to enter back into RedNAND before updating!)
  9. As your 3DS is setup right now, you must launch Luma3DS from the Homebrew Launcher every time you want to boot RedNAND; by the end of the guide you will boot into CFW SysNAND by default instead of having to use RedNAND
After formating the sysnand it said reinstall menuhax how do I do that?

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why is this your site? Did you add rules here? Getting someone help is not bad thing!

I know it's not a bad thing, I even replied to the noob paradise thread. What is wrong though is posting the same message three times on three different threads. There is absolutely no need to do that, it's just basic rules in a forum. ;)

EDIT: if you want help, let's stop this right here and go back to that noob paradise thread to get your menuhax reinstalled. There is really no point in fighting about this.

Last edited by Kyojin,

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
After updating & completing my part 3 of luma tutorial do I really need to do the part 4&5? Do I have to downgrade my console to 2.1.0?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

part 4 says downgrade to 2.1.0.

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It depends on what you are planning to do. If you want to set up arm9loaderhax (console boots in ~7 seconds like an un-hacked console, has brick protection, and a permanent hack), yes you have to.

If you don't want that and only want to keep using menuhax (longer boot times, and if someone updates your 9.2 SysNAND, you are screwed) you can continue to Part 4, Section III, step 7 (included) and stop there.

If you just wanted to have access to CFW (Luma3DS in this case), you'll be done by then. But IMHO (and a lot of Tempers will agree) arm9loaderhax is worth the thrill of downgrading to 2.1 and then going back to 11.0 as it is more future-proof.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
It depends on what you are planning to do. If you want to set up arm9loaderhax (console boots in ~7 seconds like an un-hacked console, has brick protection, and a permanent hack), yes you have to.

If you don't want that and only want to keep using menuhax (longer boot times, and if someone updates your 9.2 SysNAND, you are screwed) you can continue to Part 4, Section III, step 7 (included) and stop there.

If you just wanted to have access to CFW (Luma3DS in this case), you'll be done by then. But IMHO (and a lot of Tempers will agree) arm9loaderhax is worth the thrill of downgrading to 2.1 and then going back to 11.0 as it is more future-proof.
So I have to start from section three of part 4? If its good to use then i'll try installing it :)

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
You just want a menuhax setup and not arm9loaderhax?
Don't know much about it. I'm new here. If you think its good to use then I'll follow the part4.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You just want a menuhax setup and not arm9loaderhax?
I have updated my red nand to 11.0 so will the part 4 still work?

Last edited by Onepunchbruh,

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't know much about it. I'm new here. If you think its good to use then I'll follow the part4.

I have updated my red nand to 11.0 so will the part 4 still work?

I would honestly advise you to go to the end and have arm9loaderhax set up, having a menuhax setup may be confusing for beginners. So you should follow parts 4 and 5 to the letter (including making all the backups and safely storing them). Double read every step to make sure you understand what it says, do NOT panic and read the troubleshooting page if something is odd, and everything should be fine.

Yes, your RedNAND should be on 11.0, and make sure downloaded Luma3DS v5.5 and not an older version. If you feel like some steps are unclear, ask here or drop me a PM. ^_^

EDIT: also, if you are using Chrome or Firefox, you can use this extension to help you check the steps.

Last edited by Kyojin,
Reactions: Onepunchbruh

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I would honestly advise you to go to the end and have arm9loaderhax set up, having a menuhax setup may be confusing for beginners. So you should follow parts 4 and 5 to the letter (including making all the backups and safely storing them). Double read every step to make sure you understand what it says, do NOT panic and read the troubleshooting page if something is odd, and everything should be fine.

Yes, your RedNAND should be on 11.0, and make sure downloaded Luma3DS v5.5 and not an older version. If you feel like some steps are unclear, ask here or drop me a PM. ^_^

EDIT: also, if you are using Chrome or Firefox, you can use this extension to help you check the steps.

I'm stuck on part 6 gives black screen on boot.

Section VI - Finalizing setup
  1. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  2. Still from EmuNAND9, go to EmuNAND Manager Options and make a backup of SysNAND tosysNAND.bin
  3. Press Select on the main menu to eject your SD card, then put it in your computer
  4. Rename sysNAND.bin to sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin, sysNAND.bin.sha sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin.sha, and copy both to a safe location on your computer; this is a SysNAND backup containing arm9loaderhax (Your backup should match one of the sizes on this page; if it does not, you should delete it and make a new one!)
  5. Delete sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin and sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin.sha from your SD card
  6. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS then press Start to reboot
  7. Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings (if it is not already)
  8. Open Health and Safety (which is now FBI)
  9. Select "SD"
  10. Navigate to hblauncher_loader.cia and press A to install
  11. Navigate to lumaupdate.cia and press A to install
  12. Exit with the home button
  13. Launch the Homebrew Launcher from the home menu icon at least once to ensure the payload is functional
  14. Reboot!

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I'm stuck on part 6 gives black screen on boot.

Section VI - Finalizing setup
  1. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  2. Still from EmuNAND9, go to EmuNAND Manager Options and make a backup of SysNAND tosysNAND.bin
  3. Press Select on the main menu to eject your SD card, then put it in your computer
  4. Rename sysNAND.bin to sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin, sysNAND.bin.sha sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin.sha, and copy both to a safe location on your computer; this is a SysNAND backup containing arm9loaderhax (Your backup should match one of the sizes on this page; if it does not, you should delete it and make a new one!)
  5. Delete sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin and sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin.sha from your SD card
  6. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS then press Start to reboot
  7. Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings (if it is not already)
  8. Open Health and Safety (which is now FBI)
  9. Select "SD"
  10. Navigate to hblauncher_loader.cia and press A to install
  11. Navigate to lumaupdate.cia and press A to install
  12. Exit with the home button
  13. Launch the Homebrew Launcher from the home menu icon at least once to ensure the payload is functional
  14. Reboot!

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat