Hacking RedNAND won't update on N3DS (Plailect guide Part 3)

MegaManZX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finished part 3 of Plailect's guide but when I update my RedNAND on my N3DS, I get an error everytime. "An error has occurred. Unable to update. The system will now be restarted."

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've finished part 3 of Plailect's guide but when I update my RedNAND on my N3DS, I get an error everytime. "An error has occurred. Unable to update. The system will now be restarted."
Make sure you have a good quality internet connection, and that you don't have TubeHax DNS set, and you aren't blocking Nintendo servers on your internet connection.
If it's a slow net problem, keep trying to update over and over and you may notice the blue bar gets a little further across each time before erroring out, until eventually it works.

flow349

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Put your 3ds in standby mode and wait until the blue led is flashing.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
or you could just install sysUpdater on RedNAND, download the latest firmware via 3dnus, and update offline.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
or you could just install sysUpdater on RedNAND, download the latest firmware via 3dnus, and update offline.
That might not fix his issue though. I couldn't update or access eShop until I reformatted emuNAND, then I copied all the personal information that I backed up to my emuNAND, and now everything works fine.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
That might not fix his issue though. I couldn't update or access eShop until I reformatted emuNAND, then I copied all the personal information that I backed up to my emuNAND, and now everything works fine.

Well I think the only problem he has is updating, maybe he has bad connection or something, that's why I suggested updating offline using sysUpdater. I do this all the time to save data consumption. (Yes I know, ISPs here in our country sucks AF)

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
How do I do this?
this is a slight advanced method so I still suggest doing it Plailect's Guide's way. However if you insist here're a few steps on how to do it.

0. BACKUP first your RedNAND.
1. Follow Part 4 Section II of Plailect's Guide to inject FBI.
2. Download 3DNUS from here https://github.com/zoltx23/3DNUS/releases
3. Run 3DNUS as Admin and download the firmware you want. (Here's an example: If you're going to download the latest USA region Firmware, enter "11.0.0-33U" without the quotation marks and click begin download.)
4. After downloading, you'll find an 11.0.0-33U folder inside the 3DNUS directory. rename it to "updates" and place it to the root of your SD card, make sure there're no other updates folder on the SD card before doing so.
5. Download the sysUpdater from here https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater/releases and extract the sysUpdater.cia to the root of your SD card.
6. Boot your 3DS into RedNAND and open Health&Safety which is no FBI.
7. Navigate to your SD and install SysUpdater.
8. Go back Home and you'll find the newly installed sysUpdater, open it up and press A to update.
9. That's it! If the updating was successful, your RedNAND will be on the latest firmware. If not, restore your backup and find the mistake you made before trying again.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happens to me twice, you can just retry the update till it finishes. Somehow the the update continuous from the last file that it downloaded.

MegaManZX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have a good quality internet connection, and that you don't have TubeHax DNS set, and you aren't blocking Nintendo servers on your internet connection.
If it's a slow net problem, keep trying to update over and over and you may notice the blue bar gets a little further across each time before erroring out, until eventually it works.

This happens to me twice, you can just retry the update till it finishes. Somehow the the update continuous from the last file that it downloaded.

This worked eventually. After a really, really, REALLY long time but it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all